Respect your firearm and it will respect you - hunter shoots part of his face off

Thread: Respect your firearm and it will respect you - hunter shoots part of his face off

Respect your firearm and it will respect you - hunter shoots part of his face off

This is a tragedy and another reason why you should respect your firearm.

Maine hunter accidentally shoots part of his face off showing rifle to friends | Fox News
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

My weapons don't respect me. If I accidentally pull the trigger or catch it on something anyone of them will shoot whatever is in the way, me included. They treat me the same way my hammer and screwdriver treat me. Wish I could fix that but no luck yet.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

I'm really trying to feel sorry for him, but it's sure hard. Maybe a little bit. Nope, no, never mind.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Wouldn't call it a tragedy, call it being a dumb ass. I have no sympathy at all for him. Should have finished the job so nobody has to deal with the idiot again.

Quote Originally Posted by subic97 View Post
    Wouldn't call it a tragedy, call it being a dumb ass. I have no sympathy at all for him. Should have finished the job so nobody has to deal with the idiot again.
    No need. I'm sure he's learned his lesson!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Unless you approach the safe handling of firearms with a disciplined mindset that is akin to religious zeal, you are prone to such an event. Sometimes, though, you just can't fix stupid. I just stay away from those types to the best of my ability. I really have no desire to pick someone's jaw up off the floor and hand it to him asking "is this yours?"

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I'm really trying to feel sorry for him, but it's sure hard. Maybe a little bit. Nope, no, never mind.
    Agreed! Whenever I decide to down a few brews I make sure that ALL of my firearms are unloaded and put away.

"Poulin's father, Donald Poulin, tells the Morning Sentinel his son told him he dropped the rifle and it discharged."

I don't buy it, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Makarovii View Post
    "Poulin's father, Donald Poulin, tells the Morning Sentinel his son told him he dropped the rifle and it discharged."

I don't buy it, do you?
    According to the left, guns jump around shooting people. Don't you watch TV?