Does Carrying a Gun Everyday,OC or CC, Make You More Confident? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Does Carrying a Gun Everyday,OC or CC, Make You More Confident?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,it does. I have a better chance of staying safe

19 76.00%
  • No,it does not. But I still hope for the best

4 16.00%
  • Yes,even though the odds may be less than 50/50

2 8.00%
  • No,but carrying helps to balance out my bad posture!

0 0%
  • Undecided now ,and what am I going to do?

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Carrying a Gun Everyday,OC or CC, Make You More Confident?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Psychologically speaking, this is the same poll as "Does carrying a gun make a person more reckless?"
    An insightful... and, in my opinion, an extremely intelligent observation. Well done.

I am confident everywhere I go, I am armed in all cases (not always with a firearm). I am always aware and alert. I do not go to paces I would not go without a firearm, even when I am carrying one. It is not a matter of confidence and if you need a firearm to feel confident Portugal's it is not a good choice for you.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Even though I may be armed I was trained long ago to always stay in condition yellow, relaxed awareness. Still do this out of long years of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by unintentionalracist View Post
    I clicked the first answer, but really I carry for my family. It's not about me at all. I've had a pretty rotten life, but theirs would be worse without me and mine would be worthless without them.
    Despite your past life, the fact that you have raised up your family to a level higher than most Americans tells me you have a lot of worth and character as a person. To put others ahead of one's self is always an admirable thing.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

6. Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Psychologically speaking, this is the same poll as "Does carrying a gun make a person more reckless?"
    You know now that you bring that up, it seems as though that would be a good route for a prosecutor to go if you were ever involved in a shooting in a "bad part of town". They might ask "is this somewhere you would go had you not have been carrying a gun?" If you answer no, they might say "then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume you went into that situation intending to shoot someone? Because if you wouldn't normally go there, you assume the probability of being attacked is higher than usual. And you carry a gun to shoot someone who attacks you. Therefore you assumed the likelihood that you would have to shoot someone was higher than normal, which tells me you intentionally put yourself in a situation where you'd have to shoot someone else." Bam, that jury is voting guilty all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123