Does Carrying a Gun Everyday,OC or CC, Make You More Confident?

View Poll Results: Does Carrying a Gun Everyday,OC or CC, Make You More Confident?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,it does. I have a better chance of staying safe

19 76.00%
  • No,it does not. But I still hope for the best

4 16.00%
  • Yes,even though the odds may be less than 50/50

2 8.00%
  • No,but carrying helps to balance out my bad posture!

0 0%
  • Undecided now ,and what am I going to do?

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Carrying a Gun Everyday,OC or CC, Make You More Confident?

Does Carrying a Gun Everyday,OC or CC, Make You More Confident?

A rather personal question of why we carry. As most know,people who carry a gun every single day for personal or family,friends protection, are in the great minority in America. Even with perhaps 50% or more of households having firearms of one sort or another.Most of those guns never leave the homestead.

So,while out shopping today in the very early season shopping sprees and seeing the intensity of some of my fellow Miamian's searching for that bargain flat screen,Smartphone,tablet or Bose speakers, it made me think that:

Among all this clamor ,I felt calm,almost relaxed ,even though no longer the young,tough tanker of years gone by when it seemed any challenge could be overcome. With ease. Was it the Smith & Wesson 686P .357 Magnum on my belt with an extra 7 round speed loader in waiting? Or is it just the inevitable malaise of life and realizing it is mainly, que sera sera?

Wording the elective answers was difficult.We'll start here. Perhaps in the future a better perspective will evolve.

A final note.The Holidays are about to begin. Life is quite short.We should take nothing too seriously. So,back into the flames. See the 4 states poll! Or better yet,don't!
    This is a recreational poll ,as we would say in the 1970's, which I must admit had the greatest music, and was my favorite decade.

All,IMHO,of course! Peace to all. I only can pray for civil discourse. It's been done! Aloha!

Weapon on board or not - I never 'relax'. Always alert, head on swivel, radar up! Not to a paranoia level - just watchful. Carrying a weapon is a responsibility, not a matter of pride nor showmanship, and not to be taken for granted. Also - I avoid crowds like the plague...

4. Carrying daily makes me more comfortable, however it only pays off with a lot of practice and range time.

Confidence has nothing to do with. Carrying has everything to do with preparedness.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Actually its more like when I'm not carrying I feel more paranoid because I know if something is going to happen that is when it will happen.

Psychologically speaking, this is the same poll as "Does carrying a gun make a person more reckless?"
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

God made man... Colt made them equal.

Be situationally aware at ALL times. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. This is what brings confidence. If one has confidence only because they are carrying, one should rethink why they are carrying. Do I feel safer when I carry, yes. As far as confidence goes, no.

My confidence is based upon my preparedness, which in small part is having my firearm on me. I haven't voted, because I don't believe my rationale is listed as a choice. (Possibly, "no, but I hope for the best?")

A better answer choice would be, "my confidence isn't based upon my firearm, but in who I am as a person and how I have prepared myself for life."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

9. I feel safer because I carry. I carry because society makes me carry not because I want to feel more confident. How nice it would be if the world were even half as safe than it is but...... Carrying concealed is kind of a pain. I wish we all had to open carry instead. It would just make for a much more polite society. Not to mention more comfortable attire.

I carry as a conscious thought process and boy scouts (be prepared), always be aware of what is around you everywhere, thugs like animals of pray are ambush hunters, looking for an opening to take you down. Call me what you want but I am armed everywhere, including home.

I try to always be aware of my surroundings and to be prepared. I live in a very safe area and I know most of those with whom I come in contact. Being prepared, however, costs nothing and might someday might save my life or the life someone I care about. I don't think that carrying a firearm makes me more confident. It does, however, make me more judicious in my interaction with other people. The old statement that an armed society is a polite society is true. It doesn't give me confidence as much as it creates a greater responsibility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast