Multiple impact bullets? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple impact bullets?

It sounds like the owner is saying that if you pull your shot and only one wing hits, it will embed in the body and the other two wings will swing around to hit the side or back.

Yeah, it looks like a three piece bolo round.

i found it on weapons education. nice concept but i would like to see more info on it high speed and ballistics gel test.

I need to see penetration test before I'd use for self defense..
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Until these bullets are in common use by law enforcement, a prosecutor can portray their use as a brutal act by a sadistic maniac. They often try to do this with simple hollow points. In court someone who engages in self-defense is judged not by his piers but by average men and women who would not consider carrying a gun. And liberals never let their self righteous opinions be clouded by logic and common sense. I always remember Jocelyn Elders, Clinton's Surgeon General, saying "we need safer bullets". Unfortunately, most liberals don't see the idiocy in that statement.

6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the video I just watched from that link shows the bullet splitting into 3 fragments connected by some sort of cable. If that is the case, who assumes responsibility when one of the cables snaps and a fragment hits a bystander?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple impact bullets?

After watching the Weapons education video, and think about again, I would never use these bullets. Ever. The three segments open up to a 14in diameter with no center slug. So if you actually aim center mass, your going to hit everything but. Aim at the upper chest, you're going hit the shoulders and abdomen area. Attackers not relenting and coming closer, necessitating a head shot? Forget about it. Not possible with this round. Maybe if you pull your shot, you might get lucky and hit a vital organ or the head, but if you actually "hit" where you were aiming, there's nothing there doing damage other than some Kevlar thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the video I just watched from that link shows the bullet splitting into 3 fragments connected by some sort of cable. If that is the case, who assumes responsibility when one of the cables snaps and a fragment hits a bystander?

Probably the same person who negligently shoots or causes someone to shoot a bystander with any other kind of round...

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Probably the same person who negligently shoots or causes someone to shoot a bystander with any other kind of round...

My point exactly. Who's idea was it to design a round that intentionally doesn't hit where you aim?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burkhardt View Post
    It sounds like the owner is saying that if you pull your shot and only one wing hits, it will embed in the body and the other two wings will swing around to hit the side or back.

Yeah, it looks like a three piece bolo round.
    And if that happens, then the other two pieces will actually keep the first piece from penetrating as much.

If all three pieces hit you and they are all attached by this string, then the string will get taught and keep each piece from penetrating as much.

This is a foolish idea when it comes to penetration.
    This is a foolish idea when it comes to shot placement (none of the pieces hit where you aim)
    This is a foolish idea when it comes to liability since there is a greater chance that a bystander will get hit.
    This is a foolish idea when it comes to price ($30 for 30 rounds, I currently pay $30 for 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot JHP 67% more expensive)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Need gel tested, or tested on a pig carcass, let's see what happens when the target isn't paper.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast