Proud to take part in USA Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud to take part in USA Carry

1. Proud to take part in USA Carry

This post is from a guy who didn't even own a gun 4 months ago!

My wife and I live out in a country area, no city PD coverage at all. The county sheriff is what we rely on for protection. Not long ago we discovered that this is not an adequate position to take.

While I was gone away to a meeting, my wife was home alone. A group of young people came on to our property and ran around making a disturbance including getting up on the roof. My wife, more than a little scared called 911. It took 35 minutes to get a deputy on scene!

Needless to say I was horrified as I considered what might have been. . .

Long story short I went out and purchased a firearm (which we had been considering for a while.). I also took a concealed carry class and am awaiting the arrival of the permit.

We hooked up with our local indoor shooting range and have been receiving instruction from NRA trainers. The wife is fully on board and is about to purchase her own semi auto hand gun.

It's like Phil says, "At my house I am 911."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using USA Carry mobile app

Congratulations on your decision. I live on a 240 acre farm and have a similar situation with any type of police protection. There is only one deputy on patrol to cover 500 square miles; and they're far better at giving traffic citations than protecting. The only problem I've ever had was trespassing and I was told by the dispatcher to take care of it myself. Fortunately, I have good neighbors, but the closest is about a mile.

Your decision to buy a gun and get training was the correct one. Your protection, as well as those who live in a city, is your responsibility and always has been. The only real responsibility the police have is to clean up the mess after the fact. And catching the BG isn't one that rural sheriffs are very good at either.

Quote Originally Posted by airwillie01 View Post
    This post is from a guy who didn't even own a gun 4 months ago!

My wife and I live out in a country area, no city PD coverage at all. The county sheriff is what we rely on for protection. Not long ago we discovered that this is not an adequate position to take.

While I was gone away to a meeting, my wife was home alone. A group of young people came on to our property and ran around making a disturbance including getting up on the roof. My wife, more than a little scared called 911. It took 35 minutes to get a deputy on scene!

Needless to say I was horrified as I considered what might have been. . .

Long story short I went out and purchased a firearm (which we had been considering for a while.). I also took a concealed carry class and am awaiting the arrival of the permit.

We hooked up with our local indoor shooting range and have been receiving instruction from NRA trainers. The wife is fully on board and is about to purchase her own semi auto hand gun.

It's like Phil says, "At my house I am 911."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using USA Carry mobile app
    Congrats on your decision to advance on continuing education along with your wife. Welcome onboard!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

I'm glad the incident didn't turn out worse. It sure could have. I also live on a farm and always carry even here at home. If anyone pulled in while I was outside, they'd be between me and the house. And that's happened many times.

Welcome from Kansas.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

7. LEO'S as a rule don't prevent crimes, they investigate them after the fact. Smart move to arm yourself & your wife, things are only going to get worse.
    How do you brainwash a liberal? Simple, give him an enema.

Greetings, welcome, glad the incident your wife experienced didn't go worse, train regularly and have some fun doing it!

Welcome and congrats. It's good to hear you and your wife are stepping into your own "first responder" role. It's far more beneficial and practical, especially when coupled with good training and education.

Stay safe, and stay trained.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Welcome to the 100 million and growing club. Enjoy your God given rights, have fun, and be safe always.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Hi Peggy, I wished I lived on a farm sometimes...it would be nice to have a place to practice. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I'm glad the incident didn't turn out worse. It sure could have. I also live on a farm and always carry even here at home. If anyone pulled in while I was outside, they'd be between me and the house. And that's happened many times.

Welcome from Kansas.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast