Special Ammo

Thread: Special Ammo

1. Special Ammo

Is the any company that makes a game or varmint load ( like 22LR rat shot) for a 380 0r 9mm that will work in an automatic? I don't always carry the 22 when walking the land. Banjarmon

I've seen rat shot in other loads but the ones I've seen have been for .38/.44 revolvers. I don't think you could get rat shot to cycle reliably in an auto without a dramatically reduced recoil spring. I'd also be worried that the slide cycling forward would break the plastic capsule containing the shot.

4. I have a 9mm glock 26 and carry it with me always when I'm fishing I change ammo over to cci rat shot and have killed numerous snakes up to ten feet away with no repercussions to me or the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Dmcdowell991 View Post
    I have a 9mm glock 26 and carry it with me always when I'm fishing I change ammo over to cci rat shot and have killed numerous snakes up to ten feet away with no repercussions to me or the gun
    Does the gun cycle with the ratshot or do you have to load 1 at a time?

6. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I've had no problems firing multiple times and I have pulled the trigger as fast as I wanted I've fired over 50 rounds from that gun and a px4 beretta full size with no problems

I use it in my S&W 915 and have had no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmcdowell991 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I've had no problems firing multiple times and I have pulled the trigger as fast as I wanted I've fired over 50 rounds from that gun and a px4 beretta full size with no problems
    Good to know ill have to give it a try.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Banjarmon View Post
    Is the any company that makes a game or varmint load ( like 22LR rat shot) for a 380 0r 9mm that will work in an automatic? I don't always carry the 22 when walking the land. Banjarmon

To Those That replied to my question...A BIG THANKS... I will check the ammo out! thanks again!
    banjarmon