Ruger LCP 380 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger LCP 380

It is a great gun as a concealed carry with the standard magazine. It handles poorly with the extended magazines and is hard to keep accurate with the recoil and small grip. There are grip extenders which help (attach to the magazine) and better grips which you can install. There are even stronger springs which help with the recoil. With the different modifications you can do for better handling, the size is virtually unchanged and it is an even better concealed carry.

3. Ruger LCP 380

Indeed it's a very reliable gun and round. Some ammo will pass the FBI tests as well. The most comprehensive testing of .380 ammo to date I have seen out of short barrels

http://shootingthebull.net/blog/fina...cp-ammo-quest/

Go Seahawks!

I love the LCP, and people whining about recoil is funny. Those saying it is not accurate should try putting a dot of paint on the front sight. I can put rounds center mass consistently with it, which is the point. If you want to cut the X at 25 yds get a rifle.
    Chief

5. The trigger has a long pull on it, so it takes some getting used to. One drawback is the absence of a safety. So you can not carry it, safely with a round chambered.

I painted the front sight with flourescent green paint. I can hit a 3"x5" card at 21' consistantly.
    True there are no external safeties, but the trigger pull is so long, you HAVE to want this gun to fire.
    I carry it in a pocket holster, loaded with one in the pipe. Never had a concern about it going off on it's own.
    Been carrying it for over 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    The trigger has a long pull on it, so it takes some getting used to. One drawback is the absence of a safety. So you can not carry it, safely with a round chambered.
    I disagree that you cannot carry it safely with a round chambered; I always have and always will. Never worried me in the least. Even if I dropped it, my thoughts were, "I hope it didn't get scratched".
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    The trigger has a long pull on it, so it takes some getting used to. One drawback is the absence of a safety. So you can not carry it, safely with a round chambered.
    You can carry it in your pocket with a round chambered if you use a pocket holster. No problem.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

9. Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I painted the front sight with flourescent green paint. I can hit a 3"x5" card at 21" consistantly.
    True there are no external safeties, but the trigger pull is so long, you HAVE to want this gun to fire.
    I carry it in a pocket holster, loaded with one in the pipe. Never had a concern about it going off on it's own.
    Been carrying it for over 2 years.
    As long as the trigger is covered I have no concerns about an AD. They are not target pistols. They are accurate enough for personal defense. I can point a shoot to center of mass at 5 yards over and over.

Go Seahawks!

10. On the latest models of the LCP, Ruger has improved the trigger, the sights, and also the grip (via an extended magazine). Many shooters have noticed that the LCP is very accurate, for a small pistol. I usually practice at 7 yards and get very good groups. For even more leverage on the trigger, and a more substantial hold on the pistol, it is possible to use the "double-eagle grip." Thumbs crossed in the back, left forefinger around the trigger guard. Then a shooter can easily stage the trigger, with practice, even in the older models. Take all this into account, and the LCP can be a very fine pocket pistol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234