Behind every great gun is a great Trigger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Behind every great gun is a great Trigger

Behind every great gun is a great Trigger

Depending on the number of guns you have had the opportunity to fire I am sure we have all noticed the difference in Triggers.
    I think one of the very best triggers I have had the opportunity to squeeze was a 3 1/2 lb Para Carry. Followed closely by my beloved Ruger SR1911.

The worst triggers I have found belong to the Ruger LC9 Ruger LC380 and KelTek PF9.

The better the trigger the better I do at the range.

Your Observations?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Makes sense to me.

Amen to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Depending on the number of guns you have had the opportunity to fire I am sure we have all noticed the difference in Triggers.
    I think one of the very best triggers I have had the opportunity to squeeze was a 3 1/2 lb Para Carry. Followed closely by my beloved Ruger SR1911.

The worst triggers I have found belong to the Ruger LC9 Ruger LC380 and KelTek PF9.

The better the trigger the better I do at the range.

Your Observations?
    I agree that the LC9 trigger is horrible. Even though the Galloway kit significantly improves it IMO, it is still not pleasant. However, if you want to feel an even worse trigger try firing the Walther PK380. If my girlfriend weren't so attached to it, I would have sold it the day I first fired it. With the exception of the trigger, I think the LC9 is a great little gun. I can't say the same for the PK380. Worst gun purchasing mistake of my life.

6. My .38s have very stiff triggers, so they are just for easy concealment and emergency use. My S&W 9mm is also stiff compared to my Glocks, so it lives by my bed "just in case." My favorite is a Gen.4 Glock 19 which has a 4.5 lb trigger pull, and a very short reset travel--great for rapid fire, and easy to control.

I'm not liking the trigger on my S&W Bodyguard 380. Loooong pull.

3.5 pound CMC flat trigger in the AR, 4.25 pound trigger on my Walther PPQ.. fantastic triggers. I used a friend's Ruger P345 and it was the worst trigger I've ever seen.. worse than the LC9 even
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I agree, the trigger can make the difference in accuracy! I like my DA/SA 10# on the DA and 4# on the SA.....keeps me very accurate with either hand.

10. I shoot much better with a single action trigger,thats why I carry a kimber 1911.

In a big fan of CZ's omega trigger. It really makes that DA pull easier/smoother than other pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast