Thoughts on CCW Guardian Logbook?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Thoughts on CCW Guardian Logbook?

  1. Lightbulb Thoughts on CCW Guardian Logbook?

    So, I have been working with an App on my phone... Its handy but I am not sure if its all its cracked up to be. Can anyone give me some feedback on if they have used it and what they think of it.. Maybe I am not using it right Lol!

    I guess the idea is to be able to log when you go shoot and it has all these options for features etc... Anyway, someone please see if you can offer some assistance with this app!

    When I downloaded it they had links to its information, Ill share them here for anyone that wants to look at it.


    http://bit.ly/I1Hd1Y <-- App Store
    https://ccwguardian.com/ and this is their site.

    Like I said they gave me a lot of information. However I am not sure if I am using it to the fullest. Hopefully someone can assist me!


  2.   
  3. #2
    With all the hackers out there I really do not know if this is a good idea. Also IF or when you have to use your firearm to protect your family and/or yourself, I believe a ambitious Prosecutor could use this training log against you if he got hold of it.

    While it may be a great training aid, I do not think I will download it.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Right now at the App Store, only eleven ( 11 ) people are using the application.
    While it carries a 5 star review from all eleven users, I would want a bit more feedback than that before I purchased the app.


    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Right now at the App Store, only eleven ( 11 ) people are using the application.
    While it carries a 5 star review from all eleven users, I would want a bit more feedback than that before I purchased the app.


    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.
    I think thats just the people that have rated. I would say that many more have downloaded it. The only reason why I say that is its currently ranked #16 of all sports apps. So, idk how it could be that high if only 11 people got it. I would be one of them too so essentially 10 others? Regardless within the app they let you send feedback. I sent a question to it and had someone send me info in about an hour.

    If nothing else there informed individuals.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    With all the hackers out there I really do not know if this is a good idea. Also IF or when you have to use your firearm to protect your family and/or yourself, I believe a ambitious Prosecutor could use this training log against you if he got hold of it.

    While it may be a great training aid, I do not think I will download it.
    The online stuff is apparently a paid service... (Sadly) however if you are concerned about getting hacked theres nothing to hack if you don't subscribe.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowd123 View Post
    I think thats just the people that have rated. I would say that many more have downloaded it. The only reason why I say that is its currently ranked #16 of all sports apps. So, idk how it could be that high if only 11 people got it. I would be one of them too so essentially 10 others? Regardless within the app they let you send feedback. I sent a question to it and had someone send me info in about an hour.

    If nothing else there informed individuals.
    Touché my friend. You are correct. It's not how many own the app, just how many reviewed the app!
    As an iPhone user you would think I would know better.... (Brain Fart on my part!)


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowd123 View Post
    The online stuff is apparently a paid service... (Sadly) however if you are concerned about getting hacked theres nothing to hack if you don't subscribe.
    Apple does a good job at software vetting so that end users aren't taken for a ride so to speak.
    Supposedly nothing makes it out of the App Store unless its safe for consumer use. Same goes for their computers too.
    If you are using Mac, I've heard you pretty much HAVE to deliberately download a virus to get it on your computer.


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Apple does a good job at software vetting so that end users aren't taken for a ride so to speak.
    Supposedly nothing makes it out of the App Store unless its safe for consumer use. Same goes for their computers too.
    If you are using Mac, I've heard you pretty much HAVE to deliberately download a virus to get it on your computer.


    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    That is very true, in fact I am on a mac and I know that they don't really make virus's on it... However if you download one generally its only a .exe virus that cant even run on a mac. So your pretty much safe on any apple product. Or at least have a very rare chance.

    Have you downloaded the app to see if its any good?

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    <---- scratches his head. Ponders and then wonders why people don't just carry a small notebook and jot down how they did at the range if they are interested in keeping a log.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  11. #10
    how is that different than registering your gun ? you know the feds will hack it and get your serial # i stick with pen and paper and log my training.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast