First time flying with gun -- am I doing it wrong? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: First time flying with gun -- am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    my friend, don't try to make a simple law complicated. the law in FLA is that no firearm (except one packed for transport) shall be brought inside any terminal building. in other words no guns inside the terminal regardless of it being outside or inside the sterile areas.
    like others have noted she was in violation of the law and in gun unfriendly miami she most certainly would have been detained or arrested
    Portland OR (PDX) says the same thing, and even tried to enforce what you believe is true, but gun owners and the city have all ready told PDX it's perfectly legal to carry inside the airport area's before security.

Washington at both SeaTac and PSC are the same way. I open carry at PSC often with no problem.

Maybe Florida is weird, I don't live there, but by reading the law what you believe is true should not be. The simplest way to read the law is word for word, you are making it complicated for all those who want to follow the law by adding illegality which is not there...

My aunt and her three boys worked in an airport (Ontario CA), they confirmed what snatale and I thought, baggage claim is not a passenger terminal or sterile area.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

What you do in some other state has zero relevance to this discussion of what the laws are in FLA.

the 2 of you just don't get it, the baggage area is in the building that houses the terminal. the law in FLA says no guns inside any part of a terminal building. you are free to come here to FLA and go to a baggage area of any airport here and then discreetly make the security people aware that you are carrying a firearm. let me know how it works out.

Who's the dense one????

the only response I can give to someone this dense is for him to walk into an airport terminal building in FLA, find a cop or security guard and then discreetly mention to the cop or guard that you are carrying a firearm, then please let us know how things go from that point.
    NOBODY IS SAYING THAT CARRYING IN AN AIRPORTS TERMINAL IS LEGAL!!!!!! That is illegal in all states! NOBODY is trying to say otherwise! I doubt you would find somebody even able to do what your saying since to enter an airports TERMINAL you would have to pass through a security checkpoint. Apparently the issue is you not able to differentiate an Airport common area from a terminal. I worked in an airport, I'm well aware of the difference, anybody on this forum that has worked in one will agree. Oh well. Not worth it.

5. Terminal 1 - Arrivals / Baggage Claim
    Terminal 2 - Arrivals / Baggage Claim
    Terminal 3 - Arrivals / Baggage Claim
    Terminal 4 - Arrivals / Baggage Claim

Baggage claim is located inside the lower levels of all 4 TERMINALS at Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Since these TERMINALS serve passengers rather than cargo, that makes them PASSENGER TERMINALS.

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Fligh...MyAirline.aspx

Notice that according to the maps, the TERMINAL ends at the parking lot/roadway. Parts of the sterile area is open to passengers and parts of the sterile area is restricted. Federal law prohibits carrying firearms (with a few exceptions) in the sterile area of airports. A couple of states' laws, such as Florida, also prohibits the carrying of firearms in airport areas outside the sterile area. The legal method of arming oneself flying into Florida would be to claim your baggage, LEAVE THE BUILDING with the firearm in the luggage, and arm up at the first opportunity OUTSIDE THE BUILDING, which would likely be inside whatever private vehicle you would get into. In the OP's case, the most opportune AND LEGAL time to arm herself would have been inside her rental car.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Who's the dense one????

NOBODY IS SAYING THAT CARRYING IN AN AIRPORTS TERMINAL IS LEGAL!!!!!! That is illegal in all states!
    wrong again sparky, in GA you are free to carry inside an airport terminal, you just need to stay out of the sterile/secure areas.

Who's the dense one????
    you won't care for the response

I doubt you would find somebody even able to do what your saying since to enter an airports TERMINAL you would have to pass through a security checkpoint. Apparently the issue is you not able to differentiate an Airport common area from a terminal. I worked in an airport, I'm well aware of the difference, anybody on this forum that has worked in one will agree. Oh well. Not worth it.
    this is where you go off the rails bubba, your definition of what constitutes a terminal building is flawed. I don't care where you worked or what you were told, in FLA the terminal building is the ENTIRE building housing passenger operations, not limited to just the place where you board the plane.

8. Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Who's the dense one????

NOBODY IS SAYING THAT CARRYING IN AN AIRPORTS TERMINAL IS LEGAL!!!!!! That is illegal in all states!
    Wrong. In Washington it is perfectly legal to carry in all airport terminal areas outside of the sterile areas.

Baggage claim is located in the Main TERMINAL at SEA-TAC:
    https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/...gage-Claim.pdf

Also perfectly legal to open carry or conceal carry (with a CPL) in the Main TERMINAL at SEA-TAC:
    https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/...n-Terminal.pdf

Since these TERMINAL areas at SEA-TAC serve passengers, these areas would also be considered PASSENGER TERMINAL areas. Clearly the official airport websites/maps consider terminal areas to exist outside the sterile areas. I think we have an answer as to who is being dense.

RCW 9.41.300 (Washington):
    RCW 9.41.300
    Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:

(e) The restricted access areas of a commercial service airport designated in the airport security plan approved by the federal transportation security administration, including passenger screening checkpoints at or beyond the point at which a passenger initiates the screening process. These areas do not include airport drives, general parking areas and walkways, and shops and areas of the terminal that are outside the screening checkpoints and that are normally open to unscreened passengers or visitors to the airport. Any restricted access area shall be clearly indicated by prominent signs indicating that firearms and other weapons are prohibited in the area.
    Anybody still want to argue what the terminal is and is not?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

wrong again sparky, in GA you are free to carry inside an airport terminal, you just need to stay out of the sterile/secure areas.
    GA law (like most) allow CC in common area's. A TERMINAL is behind the security checkpoint. Your a moron and I'm not responding to you anymore. Go to an airport and ask TSA, Airport Police, A Ticketing counter agent I don't care. Airline TERMINALS are behind security checkpoints. If a state want's to redefine what an Airline Terminal is, fine, CITE THE RELEVANT LAW THAT IS DOING SO! and I will give you your credit. Until then, It's YOUR wrongful definition of a Airport Terminal vs word of law.

Unreal, for those who give a crap of what parts of an Airport is called what from Somebody that actually worked in the industry

Ticketing, Baggage Claim, Store's/Mall areas are called Common Area's - NOT a Terminal Not Sterile

When you pass the security checkpoint your are THEN in the TERMINAL which can also have store's restaurants etc. =STERILE

When you get to the area where you board the place that is called the GATE - OBVIOUSLY STERILE

STERILE = Guarded by Security Checkpoint or access control. which includes The Tarmac, Airstrips, Vendor entrances etc.

11. Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Unreal, for those who give a crap of what parts of an Airport is called what from Somebody that actually worked in the industry
    Ticketing, Baggage Claim, Store's/Mall areas are called Common Area's - NOT a Terminal Not Sterile
    When you pass the security checkpoint your are THEN in the TERMINAL which can also have store's restaurants etc. =STERILE
    When you get to the area where you board the place that is called the GATE - OBVIOUSLY STERILE
    STERILE = Guarded by Security Checkpoint or access control. which includes The Tarmac, Airstrips, Vendor entrances etc.
    So, we can either believe the examples posted from official websites with maps, and the example in WA state law which clearly indicate you are wrong.... or we can believe you, probably a baggage tosser or maybe even a wand waver.

life is tough it's even tougher when you are stupid
    and stubborn.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast