Why are Carry Permit's not always reciprocal with other states that permit carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are Carry Permit's not always reciprocal with other states that permit carry?

I think it all has to do with politics... stupid annoying politics.
    last I checked the 2A didn't say anything about having to pay out of pocket to exercise our rights. I could be wrong...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalendrinn View Post
    I was under the impression you had to apply in person in UT to get a non-resident permit. Is that no longer the case? From what I've read of FL's, you don't have to appear in person but I haven't contacted anyone to verify. I do have an instructor I believe here in town that does the classes. Will have to check with her to verify, but I seem to remember them doing one not long ago.
    FL can be done thru the mail...as can VA which would give you almost the same states...but FL does not accept Non-resident permits so if you want to carry there you must have either your home state permit or that of FL.

A "Federal" permit would superceed and interfere with a states right to sovereignty. This, in all likelyhood would bring about MORE restrictions on gun ownership; not to mention the "right to carry".

However, I do think for the sake of reciprocity, something more should be done by "State" officials. Gun laws vary FAR too much between states. But, I do believe there has been a great deal of progress in the past few years toward making it easier to carry in non-resident states.

The primary holdouts have been the liberal bastions of America that want more "Federal" intervention.

(For hundreds of years most people in this country were happy with "Open" gun rules until the liberal cry babies allowed the Feds to to ammend their rights.)

IMO; the BEST thing to do is vote the cry baby libs OUT of office.

Quote Originally Posted by eldonvieira View Post
    It is just another way for the govt to control our lives, get more money and restrict our rights given to us in the constitution

Technically, the constitution doesn't GIVE, it simply affirms, our inalienable rights.
    But I get the gist of what you're saying!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

BTW: Welcome to the show, mdigitale!!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post

SNIP

(For hundreds of years most people in this country were happy with "Open" gun rules until the liberal cry babies allowed the Feds to to ammend their rights.)

IMO; the BEST thing to do is vote the cry baby libs OUT of office.
    Yup, and we know when to do that......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12