Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit

Anybody have more information on this? She was not breaking the law as I see it, so should not have had her permit revoked just because some other parents were uncomfortable with her exercising her rights.

ksl.com - Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit

September 24th, 2008 @ 6:37pm

LEBANON, Pa. (AP) - Officials in Pennsylvania have revoked a woman's concealed-weapons permit because other parents complained that she was carrying her loaded handgun at her daughter's soccer games. Meleanie Hain said she's fighting the revocation by the Lebanon County sheriff.

Hain lost the permit and got a warning from local soccer officials after a game on Sept. 11.

Sheriff Michael DeLeo says openly carrying a weapon to a youth soccer match shows a lack of judgment.

Hain tells the Lebanon Daily News she's always openly carried a firearm without any problems in the past.

And her lawyer _ Robert Magee _ says that while Pennsylvania requires a permit for a concealed firearm, it doesn't require a license to carry one openly except in Philadelphia.

Sheriff Michael DeLeo says openly carrying a weapon to a youth soccer match shows a lack of judgment
    LOL WTF... thats bull **** is there a Law saying no carry at soccer games? Do they a Sign posted saying NO WEAPONS??? Got a Number for the Sheriff?? I think we should all call there office and ask Them about this case LOL..... LOL on top of that why would they PULL HER PERMIT!!!! IF SHE WAS OPEN CARRYING!!! I am lets think about this? Ok she can no longer carry concealed so what sounds like she likes to open carry any way.. So by pulling her permit is some how going to stop her from open carrying again? LOL if i lived in PA i would show up with every one i could find who had a permit just to make a point. We would all show up carrying concealed. Then after the game i would ask every one who was carrying a gun to lift there shirt.. I think people would crap them self's to know they had been sitting/standing next to some evil person with a gun the whole game. I use the word "EVIL" because in the good old US of A only cops an bad guys carry guns and if your not a cop and have a gun. Then in people's eyes you are a bad guy.. When i see some one open carrying yeah i am like oh wow he/she has a gun.. Then i start to look at them lol because i like to try and see if i can tell what kind of gun they are carrying it's a fun little game. But i do not Call the cops on them, unless they are in a Orange jump suit lol..
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 09-25-2008 at 12:05 PM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

boyzoi Guest
    this is one Id like to see the NRA get in on.....

If it is not against the law then I do not see why she lost her permit.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

+1 S&WM&P40

So just to get the fact straight..

You don't need a concealed weapons permit to carry openly in PA
    The Soccer Mom was exercising her right to "legally" carry openly
    Other parents complained so the sheriff pulled her concealed permit, which has nothing to do with open carry
    So now she can only carry openly everywhere she goes......

Makes sense!

If I was her I'd get a good Lawyer and show up at the next Soccer game open carrying! Heck, if I was in PA I'd show up open carrying as well just for support. Probably good I don't or I'd probably have my permit revoked also!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    +1 S&WM&P40

So just to get the fact straight..

You don't need a concealed weapons permit to carry openly in PA
    The Soccer Mom was exercising her right to "legally" carry openly
    Other parents complained so the sheriff pulled her concealed permit, which has nothing to do with open carry
    So now she can only carry openly everywhere she goes......

Makes sense!

If I was her I'd get a good Lawyer and show up at the next Soccer game open carrying! Heck, if I was in PA I'd show up open carrying as well just for support. Probably good I don't or I'd probably have my permit revoked also!
    I hope this Mother takes this to high levels of court, like not just going for her permit back but to make a change. This is so ridiculous. People complained because she was carrying? WOW. So because my co-workers exercise their right to freedom of speech all around me, I'm going to call the cops and complain. Hopefully they will pull his right to speak because he is annoying. W......O......W!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

OK i could see how maybe, if the game was on school grounds. But most games are held are PUBLIC PARKS...Some times i think people do not think at all before they do something.. How in the world Can you pull some ones permit just because some one said OMG SHE HAS A GUN RUN For the hills before SHE ATTACKS lol. I mean COMe the **** on for real.. First off you have to take courses and pass them to get your permit. They just don't hand out permits at the local 7/11 to any Joe some buddy. You have to pass the back ground check, ATF,FBI and state/local checks. So i say again who in there right mind would pull some ones permit for open carrying (WITH IN THERE LEGAL RIGHTS) just because i say it makes me feel unsafe??

Places Off-Limits* While Carrying in PA:

o
    ANY Court facility
    o
    ANY Federal Building (Unless Authorized)
    o
    State Parks (except while in vehicle)
    o
    Detention Facilities (Adult & Juvenile)
    o
    Air Carrier Airport Terminals (secure areas only, common areas OK)
    o
    Cities of the first class unless you hold a valid LTCF
    o Elementary and secondary schools. Federal law prohibits carry within 1000 feet of a school but resident carry license holders are excepted from the law. Pa law prohibits carry on school grounds but has exceptions that are explained within the statute: Title 18, 912

*The "Off Limits" list above also applies to concealed carry .

LOL love this found it on the PA OC laws check this **** out

There is no stipulation in neither the PA code nor case law that a PA LTCF holder must
    carry concealed. Furthermore, lawful open carry of a
    firearm is NOT grounds for revocation of a PA LTCF as it is neither an illegal nor dangerous act.

In Pennsylvania, persons 18 years of age and older whom are not prohibited by
    law from owning firearms may openly carry a handgun
    in plain sight with no license except in vehicles*, cities of
    the first class** (Philadelphia) and where prohibited specifically

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

9. Where was the soccer match? That is, in relation to a school?

10. Before we all go crazy over this I think we need all the facts.. I think when all is said and done there just may be more to this then we think.. Anyway why would you open carry to a friendly soccer game if you had a concealed carry permit ?? But then again open carry was legal if you were in the right place.. If you were not then you are just asking for trouble... As already stated where was the soccer game? On school property??

Doesn't sound like it was at/near a school. Here's link to another article. Pistol-packin’ soccer mama brings on heat - Lebanon Daily News There's a photo of the lady with her holstered Glock 26. It's a lengthy article, so I will refrain from posting the contents here.

Here's the photo of Meleanie Hain with her holstered Glock 26

Folks need to learn to mind their own business and allow law abiding citizens to exercise their rights. Would things have been different if she was dressed up in a tactical jumpsuit, gun belt and shiny "metal oval" hanging from a chain around her neck?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast