Hospital Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hospital Carry

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Exactly. It has to be that sign both in English and Spanish, the proscribed size.
    I've heard varying opinions on this, but is it true that if the letters are smaller than prescribed by law, then the sign is null and void?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I've heard varying opinions on this, but is it true that if the letters are smaller than prescribed by law, then the sign is null and void?
    According to what the state teaches the instructors to teach the CHL students yes.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    According to what the state teaches the instructors to teach the CHL students yes.
    Ok. How vigorously is the size requirement enforced? For example, if a place is posted with the 30.06 sign but the letters are negligibly smaller than prescribed by law, then historically, who have the courts sided with? Has it even been tested?

5. If they bring me in feet first and have not checked my pockets to bad. I could not read the sign I was out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Ok. How vigorously is the size requirement enforced? For example, if a place is posted with the 30.06 sign but the letters are negligibly smaller than prescribed by law, then historically, who have the courts sided with? Has it even been tested?

If it has ever been tested I do not know. Sense most of the time if a sign is not "official" most people just ignore it and enter with their weapon concealed no one would ever know anyway. Usually that is not the issue anyway. All of the times that I have seen the wrong sign it has been way off from the official sign so there was no mistaken it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7. Wow if it says no guns just stick in in the glove box what's the big deal, you don't need your weapon every second of your life do you?
    why fight it so much lots of states you can't even carry or have a gun in your possession, enjoy carrying when you can, which is most places
    even some saloons and towns of western days didn't allow carry of any kind, you will make in to visit your sick relatives and back to the car to carry again

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Wow if it says no guns just stick in in the glove box what's the big deal, you don't need your weapon every second of your life do you?
    why fight it so much lots of states you can't even carry or have a gun in your possession, enjoy carrying when you can, which is most places
    even some saloons and towns of western days didn't allow carry of any kind, you will make in to visit your sick relatives and back to the car to carry again
    A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms; shall not be infringed.

Need I say more? For the record, I carry religiously outside the home, and keep one nearby (but not on my person) when I'm at home. I have indeed accepted that I cannot be armed every single second of every day, nor do I want to be, but the good citizens on this board are neither willing nor inclined to be victims, so if they want to be armed every second of every day, what's wrong with that, as long as they're not abusing that right (ie., out committing crimes)?

Wow if it says no guns just stick in in the glove box what's the big deal, you don't need your weapon every second of your life do you?
    The "big deal" is that if we allow folks to start taking our freedoms by simply rolling over and complying with a sign without fighting for what we believe in, we'll slowly but surely end up losing our rights. It's bad enough that we need a license or permit in most jurisdictions were we're allowed o carry. We don't need our rights to be infringed upon any more than they already are.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

10. Smile

Here in NY, hospitals aren't on the state's list of places where you are prohibited from carrying - it's just a "private property" issue. If found carrying, they have the right to ask you to leave your firearm outside the building or leave, but you don't have the right to ignore their request and stay within the building armed.

You can either choose to respect their right to not allow you to be armed and so leave your weapon in your vehicle, or you can carry CONCEALED within the building and take your chances.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

I may not need it every second but unless you are clairvoint I doubt that you can predict when you will need it. I can't so I carry everywhere all the time. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. As far as states that do not allow guns at all that is one of the reasons I do not live in those states.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast