Huge increase in Floridian CC permits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge increase in Floridian CC permits

Huge increase in Floridian CC permits

Now this is what I like to hear...
    In 2005, one year before the state Legislature's decision to provide anonymity to people holding concealed weapons licenses, there were 347,350 active permits statewide.

Now, that number has swelled to about 520,000.
    But wait...the Brady Bunch has noticed that...OMG...something terrifying is amiss!
    "You're talking about people carrying loaded, hidden handguns," said Brian Malte, director of state legislation for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, an advocacy group based in Washington, D.C.
    Gee, who'da thunk it?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Now this is what I like to hear...

But wait...the Brady Bunch has noticed that...OMG...something terrifying is amiss!

Gee, who'da thunk it?
    I think the agreement is that when we get to 600,000 the daily shopping mall shootouts are scheduled to begin. Ever since "shall issue" was made the law the antis have been predicting shootout and Wild West behavior so the mut be right :-)
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

talking about people carrying loaded hidden handguns??... man I must have missed something.. I've been carrying mine empty this whole time:P
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Oh the horror of law abiding citizens carrying hidden, loaded handguns ! All that means is that criminals aren't the only ones carrying them now.

Interesting statistic...we have about 18.2 million people here. If we had 600,000 permit holders, that would make for 3% of the population that has a permit to carry concealed. These are rough numbers, but it shows just how much people are embracing 2A here.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Interesting statistic...we have about 18.2 million people here. If we had 600,000 permit holders, that would make for 3% of the population that has a permit to carry concealed. These are rough numbers, but it shows just how much people are embracing 2A here.
    hopefully that number will continue to skyrocket... as well as the numbers of ccw holders in the rest of the rights friendly states.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Florida may just have to enlarge the department of agriculture, because what used to take about 45 days to process a permit is now up to over 72 days from mailbox to mailbox.

Add to this the fingerprint ordeal is only done in flagler county on tuesday from one to two pm, and that's only when the electronic fingerprint computer is working. Finally i asked them if they could do this ye old fashion way with the ink pad, (after coming back for two consecutive weeks), and they said sure we can--but they won't volunteer this info without asking.

Words to remember ...

"DON'T TRIFLE WITH FLORIDIANS."

... Dude!

Still looking for the cowboys are us store to open here. Open carry would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by sh2usn View Post
    Florida may just have to enlarge the department of agriculture, because what used to take about 45 days to process a permit is now up to over 72 days from mailbox to mailbox.

Add to this the fingerprint ordeal is only done in flagler county on tuesday from one to two pm, and that's only when the electronic fingerprint computer is working. Finally i asked them if they could do this ye old fashion way with the ink pad, (after coming back for two consecutive weeks), and they said sure we can--but they won't volunteer this info without asking.
    That would have been my second question if they told me that the computer was inop. The first would have been "Is there another station in the area that has a machine up and running?" Keep in mind that the application packet includes 2 fingerprint cards.

Got my FL CCW back in '05. I made several phone calls to ensure that there would be a working electronic fingerprint computer when I got there. If one was down, then what's the chances that the next one would be inop as well..... Needless to say, first stop I made worked out great. Process was smooth and painless.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast