Handy target idea!!!! Cheap! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handy target idea!!!! Cheap!

Man... that is such an awesome idea! I can't wait to get out to the range and start shooting. Wow I miss it!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Well, geez, what did that little ole duck ever do to you?

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Well, I bought a Ruger 10/.22 Carbine (in digital camo) last month, and finally got to shoot it this weekend. This was also the first time in a LOONNNNNGGGG time I've been shooting in the country. Usually, I'm at an indoor range. Well, it was pretty fun hearing the bullets tumble as they hit the ground. The "PINGS" and whistles they made were a hoot!

Anyway, being one that's accustomed to shooting paper, I forgot how much fun it is to blast at cans. I also got one of those "spinning spoon" type .22 targets, and blasted it from about 30 yards.

The most fun, however, was the dove decoy. Since I couldn't shoot my .40 S&W at the "spinning spoons" and my buddy couldn't shot his .44Mag at them, we bought one arrow @ Walmart and one dove decoy. WEll, surprisingly, the decoy lasted all afternoon......plus it was fun to shoot.

Here's the carnage......

That'd be a DOVE.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Well, geez, what did that little ole duck ever do to you?
    That's easy. He was made into a target, and he's a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by glock fan View Post
    i can just see it now, some "tree hugger" organization is going to file a class action lawsuit against you and your buddies on behalf of all of those doves that feel "threatened" by your rapid firing at a decoy in their likeness.

It's thoughts like this that make me want to get my firearms together and hit the range.

Gf

+1

hahahaha
    -Austin

7. Handy target

The 10/22 is a verstaile rifle. One of the neatest alterations I have seen was in the gunshop in Tombstone, AZ. They had a Ruger 10/22 with a fiberglass shell that made it look like a German WWII MG42. I would really have loved to have gotten my hands on it.
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 10-10-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typos
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Nice job! looks like it was fun.

Nothing BUT fun....
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I want one! I'll call it the Dove of Piece, as in, "You want a piece of me?" rofl

I know, I know, I have a sick sense of humor at times.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I want one! I'll call it the Dove of Piece, as in, "You want a piece of me?" rofl

I know, I know, I have a sick sense of humor at times.
    Or you could also call it "Pieces of Dove".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast