conceal carry for non-citizen permanent resident - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: conceal carry for non-citizen permanent resident

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    If you're legal to carry with your UT non-res permit, then you would be legal to use the weapon according to the self-defense guidelines of the state in which you use it. Legal advice on that topic wouldn't be a bad idea. (That's double-ggod advice in MS. The MS legislature once heard about the Law of Gravity. They weren't sure what it was, but they knew THEY didn't pass it. So they repealed it.)

    I take it you are a naturalized Canadian citizen. How easy is it for an American to get a Canadian carry permit? How about your original country? (These are rhetorical questions.) Having a UT permit sounds pretty good to me.
    well, there will be conflict of the two laws - prohibiting and allowing ones; and i'm guessing (although i agree about the value of legal advice) that would be the judge's preference. hopefully i'll never be in that situation.
    as far as carrying in Canada i never had a gun there, i've been studying the subject lately online but don't know enough to give a competent answer. simplistic answer would be that it's considered next to impossible but where there is a will there is a way...
    I think Americans visiting canada can get the same PAL license as Canadians.
    As far as Americans permanently living (!) in Canada they have the same rights as Canadians except to vote and be elected. It supposed to be the same in US for permanent residents (all rights the same except voting and electability) but i found many areas where it's not the case. I guess my point is that citizenship is a subject to the federal jurisdiction, not state one and states should not have laws that contradict federal laws.
    thanks to all for the replies.
    Last edited by leonidch; 10-05-2008 at 10:16 PM.

  2.   
  3. I'm a Canadian living in Canada and I just got my Maine CCW license in the mail today. It allows me to CCW in 12 States. It also lets me get a NH CCW license just by sending them a photocopy of my Maine license and paying $20. The NH license allows me to carry in an additional 8 States, one of which is Mississippi. Would that work for you?

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury0_0 View Post
    I'm a Canadian living in Canada and I just got my Maine CCW license in the mail today. It allows me to CCW in 12 States. It also lets me get a NH CCW license just by sending them a photocopy of my Maine license and paying $20. The NH license allows me to carry in an additional 8 States, one of which is Mississippi. Would that work for you?
    Welcome to USA Carry, Mercury0_0. I did not know that those states issued to noncitizens.

  5. ConcealCarry

    I just saw a DVD put out by a shooting training site called Front Sight. Part of what they are talking about is the gradual loss of our Second Amenedment Rights. To illustrate this, they interviewed citizens of other countries that have no equivalent to the 2A or have had their guns taken by the state. They interviewed a Brit, an Aussie, a Pole and a Canadian. Without exception, these people are students at Front Sight and are telling us Americans not to let the gun-grabbers do to us what was done to them. I would love to become a First Family member at Front Sight. They claim to have trained more students than all other shooting schools combin ed and that they offer training that is far above the military or law enforcement training. You might wish to check it out.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

  6. Only three states issue to non-residents. Maine, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania. With Pennsylvania you have to send them some extra forms so I haven't bothered. If I start traveling to more States then I'll probably get that one too.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury0_0 View Post
    Only three states issue to non-residents. Maine, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania. With Pennsylvania you have to send them some extra forms so I haven't bothered. If I start traveling to more States then I'll probably get that one too.
    You could include Indiana as one of those states, provided that you have a place of employment within the state. Furthermore, Indiana honors permits from every state and foreign country.

  8. Talking Non Resident CCW

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    You could include Indiana as one of those states, provided that you have a place of employment within the state. Furthermore, Indiana honors permits from every state and foreign country.
    I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada.

    I hold the valid CCW permits listed:

    1) Utah CFP

    2) Pennsylvania LTCF

    3) New Hampshire Pistol Revolver License

    4) Maine Non Resident Permit To Carry Concealed Firearms

    Being a Canadian LEO may have given me the edge but I had no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast