Maximum Caliber in an indoor range - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximum Caliber in an indoor range

You are most certainly probably correct. I was using plugs from the Army, they worked well, but the ear muffs were probably cheap imitations of something I should have gone ahead and paid good money for. My ears really aren't now still ringing, I was just exaggerating, but they sure were for the rest of THAT day.

In case anyone is wondering, a 50 caliber pistol really does sound like a cannon. Be still my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    You may want to check to see that your muffs and ear plugs are fitted properly. I'm around folks firing anything ranging from .22 all the way up to .500 s&w and even the M1-A SOCOM (.308). All I use is a pair of Peltor Tacticial Pro-6 ear muffs. No problems with ringing ears. Others on the range use the same ear muffs along with disposeable foam ear plugs. No problems with them either. I've known some co-workers using only disposeable 21db ear plugs. No problems. I'm guessin that there may have been a problem with the fit of your ear muffs, ear plugs or both.

gf

Just so there aren't any surprises, call ahead. I can't imagine that .45 ACP wouldn't be allowed, but at least make sure first.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Just so there aren't any surprises, call ahead. I can't imagine that .45 ACP wouldn't be allowed, but at least make sure first.
    I am going to call this morning and find out. I have full metal jacket target loads (said safe for indoor ranges on the box) I think I should be fine, I just want to make sure. As far as hearing protection goes, I was planning on wearing cheap plugs with muffs over them. I don't need to be dear at my age haha
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

The range I frequent doesn't allow ANY centerfire rifle rounds (they sell frangible .223's for their AR night), whatever that special 5.something FN round is, or .50 S&W Magnums. Other than that, you shuold be fine. Ditto on calling ahead.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I have taken my Taurus Tracker 44 mag (ported barrel) to an indoor range. The range cleared out pretty fast but nobody said anything.
    -Austin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12