Bad idea - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad idea

Very bad idea. Keep it on the night stand or in a bedside table. Under the pillow is a very bad idea imho!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

The proper place for your gun when you sleep is on it's own pillow, not under yours. Didn't anyone see the sitcom "Sledge Hammer"????

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Talking I had forgotten about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    The proper place for your gun when you sleep is on it's own pillow, not under yours. Didn't anyone see the sitcom "Sledge Hammer"????

gf
    That was a funny show!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I disagree

I've been sleeping with my firearm under my pillow for 18+years. A Baptist Deacon recommended this to me. He said the hammer can be pulled back without the intruder hearing it. As for the nightstand, the thought of being awoken and fumbling for my firearm and knocking it on the floor doesn't cut it. Now, if you are a violent sleeper a firearm within reach at all is not a good idea. Just my 2. Sleep safely y'all!
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Quote Originally Posted by benzuncle View Post
    I've been sleeping with my firearm under my pillow for 18+years. A Baptist Deacon recommended this to me. He said the hammer can be pulled back without the intruder hearing it. As for the nightstand, the thought of being awoken and fumbling for my firearm and knocking it on the floor doesn't cut it. Now, if you are a violent sleeper a firearm within reach at all is not a good idea. Just my 2. Sleep safely y'all!
    I am a Baptist and for spiritual advice I would go to a Baptist preacher. Don't think that I would take this advice on guns though. I would have no problem with the sound from cocking a hammer because I do not have a hammer to cock on my DBL action only HK. The only sound will be when my gun goes bang. I do not see why that would be an issue on any firearm other than perhaps a single action auto or single action revolver. Neither one of those are part of my defence because asleep or awake I do not want a gun with a hammer I have to cock before it is ready to use.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Mine stays on the bedstand, one in the tube and the safety on. Don't need to let the BG know exactly where I am and what I am doing by racking the slide.
    That, and I snore sometimes and don't need a sleepless Mrs. Noids quieting me ballisticly!
    Hey, that orange thing in the oven is HOT!

8. Personally, I prefer to keep my home-defense handgun in the fridge with the beer. In case of burglary or home invasion, I'll offer the perp a beer and while he's popping the cap I am doing the same.

Pillows, shmillows.

I keep mine between me and the wall, near my leg, several inches away from my fingers but within reach if I need it. I sleep on my back, and in the morning both I and it are always exactly in the same spot that we were when we went to sleep.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

It's a mini-vault attached to the bed for me, burgular resistant, easy to open and grandchildren proof.

Quote Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
    Mine stays on the bedstand, one in the tube and the safety on. Don't need to let the BG know exactly where I am and what I am doing by racking the slide.
    That, and I snore sometimes and don't need a sleepless Mrs. Noids quieting me ballisticly!
    I disagree. I don't keep on in the chamber on my 12 gauge pump shotgun that I keep under the bed because the deterrent effect of a round being chambered will be enough to stop most BGs in their tracks.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast