Bad idea - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bad idea

Our little dog sleeps in the house but she sleeps so sound I don't think anything would wake her up. However no one will get in without waking us up. We have bars on every window and door. It would require a lot of noise to get through those and then the alarm would go off. Not only do we have the inside siren but one in the attic by the vent on one end of the house. That one can be heard two blocks away. I will be wide awake by the time all that happens and waiting for the intruder.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Our little dog sleeps in the house but she sleeps so sound I don't think anything would wake her up. However no one will get in without waking us up. We have bars on every window and door. It would require a lot of noise to get through those and then the alarm would go off. Not only do we have the inside siren but one in the attic by the vent on one end of the house. That one can be heard two blocks away. I will be wide awake by the time all that happens and waiting for the intruder.
    Doesn't having bars on the windows and doors make it harder to get out if there's a fire? I'd be nervous about that.

4. Bad Idea

My grandfather was a city police officer in a large Midwest sity in the 1920's. In those days, any time a city officer did anything noteworthy, good or bad, his name appeared in the paper. One time my grandmother was visiting a sick friend and grandad had his service revolver under his pillow. I guess he had a rather vivid dream, because in the middle of the night,he suddenly awoke with a start and put a round through the ceiling. I have the newspaper account of the occurance, as well as many others, in his scrapbook.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    My grandfather was a city police officer in a large Midwest sity in the 1920's. In those days, any time a city officer did anything noteworthy, good or bad, his name appeared in the paper. One time my grandmother was visiting a sick friend and grandad had his service revolver under his pillow. I guess he had a rather vivid dream, because in the middle of the night,he suddenly awoke with a start and put a round through the ceiling. I have the newspaper account of the occurance, as well as many others, in his scrapbook.
    I will not sleep with one under my pillow. There is way to many variables that can come into play. Bad Idea guys
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Doesn't having bars on the windows and doors make it harder to get out if there's a fire? I'd be nervous about that.
    Life is a seres of choices. You pick what you think is the greater threat. With crime what it is today I am more concerned about that than the possibility of a fire. Besides I have a way to unlatch them from the inside.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Life is a seres of choices. You pick what you think is the greater threat. With crime what it is today I am more concerned about that than the possibility of a fire. Besides I have a way to unlatch them from the inside.
    Ok, but what about your kids? Would they be able to unlatch them if there were a fire? I understand about picking what the greater threat is, but it's still something you have to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Ok, but what about your kids? Would they be able to unlatch them if there were a fire? I understand about picking what the greater threat is, but it's still something you have to consider.
    When they were little they were tought how. They are both grown and married now so not a question.
    Last edited by HK4U; 10-09-2008 at 10:34 AM.

9. Now he uses them to keep his kids out. I like my four legged meat grinder.Even though our geese were better.

When they were little they were tought how. They are both grown and married now so not a question.
    Well, I suppose that as long as they do their job of keeping criminals out and still let you out if there's a fire, then ok. I'm not sure I'd want them though. Currently that's not an option for me because I live in an apartment and can't install them. Secondly, I live on the fourth floor, so the chances of anyone breaking in through the windows is virtually nonexistent, at least compared to the typical house.

Gel that sucker!

Quote Originally Posted by onetuza View Post
    Mine's in the nightstand drawer and hot. I have a little led light mounted inside the drawer, with a magnetic switch that turns the light on inside the drawer when I open it. Though I keep nothing else in the drawer, I still find a little light helpful.
    Rite Lite Wireless Micro Utility Light in Utility Lighting at JR.com
    Onetuza, you may want to consider putting a layer or three of red gel over the lens of your light. The red color will make a much smaller impact on your night vision than will white light. Also, like the old "nuke bomber" pilots used to do, you might want to open Only your non-dominant eye until after you close the drawer. As the big, bad wolf once said, "All the better to SEE you, my dear."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast