Wal-mart no longer selling firearms or ammo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-mart no longer selling firearms or ammo?

1. Smile

I haven't noticed any change of policy at our local Wal-Mart regarding guns and/or ammo. I believe it's a decision left to regional/store managers in the localities they serve: If there's a demand for them, they sell them; if not, they don't.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

The Wal*Mart here in my tiny Nevada town in still sells firearms and ammo. I've never asked about targets of any kind. There are too many empty soda cans in my garage for me to justify buying targets. Maybe I'll buy some if I win the lotto. Oh wait, there's no lotto in Nevada. Dern!

Over a year ago WalMart stopped selling guns and ammo in selected stores because of low sales. Areas that have tough firearms laws and areas that have few hunters and sport shooters stopped selling firearms. It was a corporate decision to remove stagnant merchandise. Some WalMarts stock a lot of boating merchandise while Walmarts that don't have large lakes in the area don't.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by dancingwolf View Post
    I haven't noticed any change of policy at our local Wal-Mart regarding guns and/or ammo. I believe it's a decision left to regional/store managers in the localities they serve: If there's a demand for them, they sell them; if not, they don't.
    Ditto, and I believe that goes for whatever they do or do not sell, not just firearms and ammunition.

6. Wal-Mart no longer

The Wal-Marts in Coolidge and Casa Grande, AZ have both discontinued selling guns. I once bought a nice little Colt Mustang in .380-ACP in Casa Grande, then a few months alter, they quit selling handguns. The Wal-Mart here in Lacey, WA sells rifles and shotguns, ammo, targets (no silhouette (NRA) targets). They do sell paintbal and airsoft guns, archery gear, and more, just no handguns.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

7. just bought a number of 100 round boxes at Walmart in Michigan, plenty left on the shelf.

8. Our walmart (not super) sells spinners and the targets that show when you hit them.

Depends on the area...

Both Super Wallyworlds I frequent in the SE Vegas/Henderson area; South Eastern Ave by McCarran Int'l Airport and I-515/US 93/95 & Sunset Rd sell ammo but discontinued firearms. One of the clerks behind the sporting goods counter stated they don't anticipate discontinuing ammo sales.

I buy my Winchester WB value packs and UMC Megapacks for range/target in .38 special, .357 magnum, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP there. It's less expensive than Internet ordering. The only ammo I buy online is personally protection ammo and calibers I can't find at Wallyworld.

Wallyworld to my knowledge has never stocked silhouette, IDPA or IPSC targets. I get my targets online in bulk through www.pistoleer.com.

It all depends on how anti-2A the jurisdiction is. Wallyworld in Nevada makes a good chunk of money on ammo sales. They'll make even more once the Clark County Shooting Park opens. If a given location stands to make more coin in sales than lose in a potential lawsuit they won't discontinue a product. Keep in mind that virtually all Wallyworld's sell prescription medications. Those are much easier to lift and distribute illegally than firearms and ammo. Wallyworld probably has more issues with prescription narcotics disappearing than firearms in all 50 States.

I heard the reason Wallyworld is discontinuing firearm sales is because of all of the fines levied by BATFE for not filling out the paperwork correctly. They'll letting their FFLs lapse after their stock of firearms at a given location are sold out.
    Last edited by netentity; 10-13-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Wmart

In Minnesota they are the lowest cost for ammo in town. I get most of my stuff there that I do not get online. For 9 mm for example they are about $9 less for 100 count Winchester white box. Good on other stuff as well. The only firearms they have right now is muzzleloaders and air guns. Wish they did more, the price would be a good thing.
    NRA Certified Instructor, Vietnam Veteran
    XD 9 MM, XD 40, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 5.25 Custom Canyon Creek 9 mm, XDM 9MM, XDM 40 Canyon Creek XDM Limited, CZ 75B, Ruger MIII, Buckmark, Beretta Neos, CX4 Storm

11. Thumbs down Walmarts in Dupage and surrounding area have stopped selling ammunition

As far as I can say now, it is official in my area. I stopped by my Walmart to pickup and was informed that an inspector came by and told them to pull all ammunition off the shelves.

I had requested if they could call other Walmarts and they were also informed that no ammunition was being sold.

Gotta love Illinois

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast