Flying to Ohio with my pistol - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying to Ohio with my pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Nick603 View Post
    Here's the link to the TSA page concerning traveling by air with a firearm and ammo:

TSA: Traveling with Special Items

Great info Nick. I usually print the relevant info from their website the day before I travel. They update the website more frequently then the printed copy of regulations that are distributed among TSA agents.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

3. Dinner

Hay wheres my Dinner KimberPB?
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Great info Nick. I usually print the relevant info from their website the day before I travel. They update the website more frequently then the printed copy of regulations that are distributed among TSA agents.

gf
    Yep good info and I did actually print that out before I left just incase I was given a hard time.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    Hay wheres my Dinner KimberPB?
    I did actually have the intent to take you and Scott out for your bdays but I wasn't expecting to spend so much time on the F.A.T.S system. But not to worry you'll be getting something that I think you'll like just as much.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

glad you had a good experience. should be having my first one soon. unless I can find a way to drive.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

wolfhunter Guest
    Along with the TSA regs, be sure to check your airline's website for THEIR interpretation of the regs. You may be perfectly legal, but if the airline sees it differently, you might not fly. When I flew to Alaska recently, my locked, hard-side pistol case had to be in a hard-sided suitcase, not just a "lockable" case as described in TSA regs.

It's not really an issue of their interpretation, it's what their policy is. Some airlines charge excess baggage fees for firearms period regardless if it's in another piece of luggage. Some exclude lost firearms from lost baggage claims. Some plain don't allow firearms. Read their contract of carriage and their baggage policy thoroughly before you make your reservation. The better airlines defer to TSA regs and don't have any weasel clauses in their policies or contract of carriage.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12