Stupid Newbie Question - other states - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Newbie Question - other states

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    No, Joe, we're not making fun of you at all. And there was nothing stupid about your question. Unless you're up on the lingo it can be very confusing. Glad to have you here, and don't worry about Stupid Questions because there are very, very few of those when you are new to something.
    +1. When in doubt ask. It's a lot cheaper than getting in trouble with the law.

Welcome to USA Carry, joesma.

To answer your question, yes, you can go to OH and carry on your MI permit. Also, if a state is labeled as honoring the MI permit, it means that anyone holding a MI permit can carry in that state. If a state is labeled as MI resident permit only, it means that the MI permit is honored only if the permit holder resides in MI. However, in the case of MI, that's a moot point because the only people eligible to receive MI permits are MI residents.

Quote Originally Posted by joesmo View Post
    You guys aren't makin fun of me are you?
    No, I think that was us making fun of ourselves.

I said I was a newbie, i didn't know the distinction between resident and non-resident permits, so the language was a bit confusing to me. <sorry>

:-(
    There are no stupid questions, so long as they apply to the subject at hand.

What would be stupid is for you to think you know the law when you don't, and then wind up in a lot of trouble. Better to ask up front and then avoid the police, lawyers, probation, etc.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by joesmo View Post
    You guys aren't making fun of me are you?

I said I was a newbie, i didn't know the distinction between resident and non-resident permits, so the language was a bit confusing to me. <sorry>

:-(
    No one was making fun of you. You had a great question and I can see how it can confuse people.

"Shoots Running", was making fun of me! He answered your question but I felt it was still a little confusing and I tried to clarify and simplify by using the term non-resident.

jbyun saw what I was trying to do and that's why he said; "Yep...there's an echo. But what's important is that joesmo now knows the law of reciprocity"

We love questions, that's why Luke started USAcarry. So if you have any more, don't hesitate to ask!

Fred
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

6. Ah, RECIPROCITY. Now it really gets confusing!

7. Thanks!

I believe I now understand this issue.

Appreciate the help!

8. Stupid Newbie Question

I believe it was Confuciius who stated,"Knowing we do not know is the beginning of wisdom."
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12