My Smith & Wesson customer service experience - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Smith & Wesson customer service experience

1. Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    In my situation, nobody at S&W seemed to be talking to each other either.
    I'm surprised you even made sense with that. I just read my response in your quote and realized my phone's autocorrect screwed me up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
    When s&w caved to the clintons,i vowed never to buy one,and i havent
    Didn't S&W's ownership change since the Clinton days? I'm pretty sure it changed somewhere along the line; not sure exactly when. Does anyone remember?

Quote Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
    When s&w caved to the clintons,i vowed never to buy one,and i havent
    ???????
    Can you elaborate on that for me? I don't recall the issue.
    Thank you for your reply.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Komondor View Post
    Didn't S&W's ownership change since the Clinton days? I'm pretty sure it changed somewhere along the line; not sure exactly when. Does anyone remember?
    I guess I shouldn't be lazy. Ref. Smith & Wesson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Assuming this wikipedia entry is correct, I see that S&W was owned by a british company, Tomkins plc who capitulated to the Clinton administration. This is the way I remembered it. They owned S&W from 1987 to 2001 then sold to Saf-T-Hammer. S&W is now S&W Holding Corporation and is publicly traded.

Knock on wood, but my experience with S&W has been fine. In 1990 I bought a used 4006 and sent S&W a contact card letting them know I was the new owner of the pistol. A couple of years later there was some issue with the magazines for the gun and S&W sent me 2 new mags without being asked. I bought a Bodyguard just after they came out and had a problem with it and returned it to the dealer. Dealer said he would send it back to S&W for repair. Four weeks later still waiting so I call S&W customer service and find out dealer never sent the gun to S&W but was blaming them for the delay. Six months ago I had a firing pin issue with the Bodyguard and contacted S&W. They sent shipping authorization and the gun was picked up at my door two days later. Back delivered to my doorstep 12 days later with new firing pin and a note that they hade replaced the laser also.

I sure hope that I haven't jinxed myself by talking about this but for me S&W customer service has been fine.

7. 4006, S&W was a very different company back in 1990....

Your firing pin and laser issues were similar to what appears to be a majority of bodyguard 380 owners after it came out - and thru most of 2013.

Your quick shipment story is totally different than the majority of bodyguard owner, including me. Their incompetent handling of shipping and 4 returns for same issue is more normal.

Count your blessings and cross your fingers that your laser screw does not back out jamming slide, and that your firing pin lasts longer this time - whatever you do, DO NOT DRY FIRE or it will likely break again.

8. Called again today, no repairs have been made yet, they are waiting on parts, and I am believed to have a few weeks left to get my gun back yet. I'm just not calling back anymore. It's worthless.

9. Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    I have one of those and the mag does not do what you described. .....
    HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 1

THIS IS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked out the demo bodyguard at S&W BIG booth at NRA this weekend - GUESS WHAT???????????

THE MAG WOULD NOT GO BACK IN NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU JAMBED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this was their one and only DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I quietly - no, rather loudly took the mag over to one of the salesman and gave it to him - saying sorry man, but like so many of these in the field, your magazine won't even go back in the gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said no problem - YOU JUST HAVE TO PUSH THE LITTLE RELEASE BUTTON WHILE PUTTING IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY GOD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Got the gun back today. It is being sold tomorrow. I have always like S&W's M&P pistols, but this may have turned me away from S&W for good. Reason I say that is because the issue is still not 100% fixed. Works 4/5 times. Sometimes you still gotta knock the hell out of it. But for what I'm selling it for, I should be able to get me a Glock 42.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Got the gun back today. It is being sold tomorrow. I have always like S&W's M&P pistols, but this may have turned me away from S&W for good. Reason I say that is because the issue is still not 100% fixed. Works 4/5 times. Sometimes you still gotta knock the hell out of it. But for what I'm selling it for, I should be able to get me a Glock 42.
    That sucks. Love my Shield, but this is kind of the thing you want to work every time! Good luck with the Glock!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast