Here's One To Bid On - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's One To Bid On

Calling Barbie! It would be the perfect accessory for carry with your pink Corvette. But, would Ken object? Would you care?

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Calling Barbie! It would be the perfect accessory for carry with your pink Corvette. But, would Ken object? Would you care?
    I hope all the 'Kens' who care for a woman and guns would encourage this. If designer firearms help to get more women involved in guns and the right to own / bear them it can only be good for us all and our liberty.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Three bills for a pink rifle. I don't think so.
    A three dollar bill, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    A three dollar bill, maybe?
    For that price I could take it and paint it or give it to my wife.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Every woman I've met that voiced her opinion on the subject found pink guns to be derogatory, and demeaning of women.
    Like some store clerk saying women should buy a .380, .32, or .38 because they can't handle larger calibers.

Someone actually makes pink firearms? I thought it was a joke! My bad! :suicide2:

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Someone actually makes pink firearms? I thought it was a joke! My bad! :suicide2:
    Cricket .22s often show up at local gun shows in pink, and I also have a picture of a pink TACTICAL AR-15 with a Hello, Kitty logo on the stock. (I prefer the AR disguised as a DeWalt nailgun, personally)

Any color is okay with Ani!

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I hope all the 'Kens' who care for a woman and guns would encourage this. If designer firearms help to get more women involved in guns and the right to own / bear them it can only be good for us all and our liberty.
    When Ani and I were married (I couldn't seem to make the $300,000 a year that was a requirment, so, after 6 and a half years, gone) we would go down to Mom & Dad's so Ani could shoot. She had never shot a gun before and the week she arrived in the USA I had a gun in her hand. This is a later shot of her shooting the M-16 in 3 round burst mode to show me she could even shoot it with her kneeling like that and STILL hit the target (plastic bottles 75 feet away). Not a very practical shooting position, but she wanted to try it anyway. And ammo is cheap when it comes to letting a woman shoot! She also INSISTED we take the HK93 and the CAR-15 so she could shoot those too. She wasn't choosy about the color at all. And I'll bet most women are that way. That is Dad in the back, died last year @ 87 years young!

Click on the photo to make it bigger.

So, THIS Ken thinks all wives and girlfriends who shoot and understand guns are SUPER COOL!

BUT!! Remember something. Make suggestions only. It HAS to be HER idea that she wants to shoot. You will just alienate her if you push push push all the time.

And it helps if you let her have a "rock" or two or four (rings, in Ani's case), so a photo of a couple of her "rocks", 1/3c and 1/2c plus the little ones on the sides of course. Should give you an idea what would probably make most wives happy. Could buy 7 or 8 NICE guns with that money, but women have this thing about rings.
    Last edited by Oregon Vet; 11-04-2008 at 06:01 PM.

wolfhunter Guest
    Right, shooting can/should be a family activity, but if she's not interested, don't push. Be patient and she may get curious.

Anything that will make her more comfortable shooting should be encouraged. Colored guns, smaller calibers, whatever it takes.

While most of the comments here have focused on getting women into shooting, anything that will interest others in shooting sports is to be applauded.

Congrats on winning Ani's heart!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast