convenient store? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: convenient store?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    see i was thinking the same thing. If you shoot someone in the back.I think up here in NH you have to tell them stop or something to that affect and then shot but i am not sure. I am just unsure about shooting someone in the back WOULD A DA/AD not eat that stuff all up and have you in jail before dinner?
    A lot depends on your state laws and the scenario. If you find yourself in a self defense situation and plug the BG 4 times in the back as he is running away. You’re probably going to have a hard time defending that. But here in FL and, from what you posted, in NH we are covered by law in the defense of a third party. So in your scenario not only is there a felony in progress but I would think it would be easy to defend the fact that not only did you fear for the life of the clerk but also yourself. Even more so if he’s already pointed it at you or is yelling at the clerk something like "Give the money or I'm going to shot you." He has the means and already voiced his intent so there is no reason you should have to get the BG to turn and face you before you shoot.

Would the DA/AD press charges.... I would hope not but if they did it should not be hard to defend yourself. Either way, in your scenario the guns already been pointed at you and you feel this guys more like to shot then not so you first goal is to make it home to your wife.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Let's throw another monkey wrench into this situation. Suppose you're open carrying right where the perp is standing and he sees your gun. He'll probably shoot you right away unless you see him coming and shoot him first.

That is vary true. I just hope i never have to use it. Not because i think i cant do it. But because i know i could/would and i would be more in fear of the SO CALLED GOOD GUYS (DA/AD/Police/the system. Then the BG i would be in fear of them nailing my ass to the wall and sending me to jail for life or for how every many years they could. Because i miss read a law or missed one small loop hole/did not say stop. Idk if any one has seen the new movie FELON out on DVD but he killed some one who did a B/E on his house. He chased him down out side and cracked his skull open with a bat. Go rent it it's a good movie.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I see the Sheriff ever few weekends at the VFW where many of us in town eat breakfast on Sundays. I'll try to remember to ask him my 2 questions. If I get answers from him I'll post them.

S &WM&P40, haven't been on much just here and there, been out for awhile nursing a Back injury. Without knowing All the laws/loop holes here in NH,I would take that person out if My life was threatened (weapon pointed at Me). If the weapon was pointed at the clerk, to me that person is being threatened also. I would have to take cover and take aim and possibly shoot because at that moment You go to take cover the BG is going to see what you're doing and will probably try and take a shot at You. If I saw a "shaddy" character coming in the store, I'd probably exit right out of there to avoid any confrontation/s (but also keeping an eye at a safe distance incase of a 911 call to be made). I don't know, it's kind of hard to say because here you can write it down what you do where as if it did happen You got to think very quickly. I know there are some out there who have actually been in this type scenario, I myself have not. Oh, and I wouldn't go for the Back unless you got a good lawyer. That would be one less thing on your hands.
    *Getting closer to buying that AR! Get your weapons now before it gets tougher to purchase!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Simple...

Shoot. If the person is in a diminished mental capacity and coming down off of something then the answer is obvious. I have worked in a psychiatric hospital before as a mental health tech (psychiatric nursing assistant) and have seen that look before too many times.

Keep in mind that you are there from the start of the incident so you have a high confidence that things are what they seem. That's the difference between that and other scenarios I have commented on where you're a 3rd party that's walked in on something. You must know all the players and the entire story before taking action. If you see the forcible felony happening from the beginning that's one issue and you have a much higher probability of making the correct decision. If you don't know the entire story then you need to do what you can to further assess the situation.

You only get once chance to do it right. Make a mistake you'll ruin or end your life. There is no restore from a saved point like on video games.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Hey Sambo,

STOP TOUCHING MY BUTTERFINGER!! That right there is all the reason you need to shot someone LOL j/k. That was a great joke. Sorry to hear about the back i hope it heals fast. How it the shooting range going? That is true about saying it and then when the time comes not doing it. IDK there is just something about shooting them in the back. I feel they would make a case for murder ( they will say how was he a threat? His back was to you) Unless you have a badge (they call it murder).

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

............the Shooting "Area" is still being worked on a little at a time. As of right now, we are just filling in the burm with clean fill and wood chips as I get them. Trying to pack in between the stack of tree's we stacked up. This way, over the winter into spring it'll work its way into the spaces of the stack. My friends excavator is still there which makes it easy to keep piling fill ontop.
    Get back on topic!!!!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That is true about saying it and then when the time comes not doing it. IDK there is just something about shooting them in the back. I feel they would make a case for murder ( they will say how was he a threat? His back was to you) Unless you have a badge (they call it murder).
    In most States it is legal to use lethal force in the defense of others. The abstract yardstick in defense of others is would anybody involved in the incident be justified in the force you used given the circumstances.

Classic example you see someone charging at someone with a knife and the aggressor's back is to you. If you know the whole story as to why the person is charging with a knife and that someone may suffer death or permanent bodily harm then yes you are justified in shooting them in the back to stop the attack.

Again, in all scenarios you need to know the whole story and who the players are. If you don't, do something to find out what the whole story is. You only get do it right once. There is no restore from a prior saved point when it comes to these situations.
    Last edited by netentity; 10-22-2008 at 09:20 AM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Let's throw another monkey wrench into this situation. Suppose you're open carrying right where the perp is standing and he sees your gun. He'll probably shoot you right away unless you see him coming and shoot him first.
    True and that is the main reason I would choose concealed over open.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast