convenient store? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: convenient store?

Man, there are alot of laws out there just to answer this question. Can you imagine, You're in the store (from the original posting scenario) and depending on which state you're from you have all these laws running in your head! Hmm, let me see now....I can shoot only if he is holding the weapon over the counter instead of behind it; or maybe I cannot shoot because the BG is holding a weapon in one hand and the money in the other which now makes the BG handicapped? Or the BG has a hearing problem and doesn't know You're there which now the BG cannot hear you as that .45 comes out of your holster to blow the BG away! Are we allowed too shoot BG's on Leap Year (thought I saw that somewhere ? Nahhhh, shoot em up and hopefully you'll have a good lawyer.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

I disagree. I sure don't want to go to jail and sort it out later. I'd throw something to make noise or shout something, and when they turn back toward me then I'd shoot. I don't want to be Monday-morning-quarterbacking from a jail cell. I want to know what the law says ahead of time. Like the commercial says, "Don't hope so, know so."
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 10-21-2008 at 10:17 PM.

"I want to know what the law says ahead of time"/gdcleanfun.
    So don't the rest of us..................
    I was busting balls at the end of my previous post .
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I disagree. I sure don't want to go to jail and sort it out later. I'd throw something to make noise or shout something, and when they turn back toward me then I'd shoot. I don't want to be Monday-morning-quarterbacking from a jail cell. I want to know what the law says ahead of time. Like the commercial says, "Don't hope so, know so."
    THANK YOU GOD!!!! Some one who thinks like me THANK YOU for posting that. Every one on here is great but they all seem to just want to shoot first. I mean **** i would to and i like being alive but I DO NOT HAVE MONEY FOR A GOOD LAWYER. So i would be stuck with a PD ( Public Defender) Who would tell me all this **** and get me to plead out to murder 1. Then following what my lawyer says i would and end up in jail for like 40 to life or some crap. I want to come home to see my family again ( I cant do it if (1, I'M dead 2, I am in jail for most of my life) All said in done i take life over death and would pull the trigger.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

If you elect to use lethal force you need to be prepared to possibly go to jail for your actions while it's being sorted out. That is a given. That's part of the good, bad and the ugly of lawful CCW.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    THANK YOU GOD!!!! Some one who thinks like me THANK YOU for posting that. Every one on here is great but they all seem to just want to shoot first. I mean **** i would to and i like being alive but I DO NOT HAVE MONEY FOR A GOOD LAWYER. So i would be stuck with a PD ( Public Defender) Who would tell me all this **** and get me to plead out to murder 1. Then following what my lawyer says i would and end up in jail for like 40 to life or some crap. I want to come home to see my family again ( I cant do it if (1, I'M dead 2, I am in jail for most of my life) All said in done i take life over death and would pull the trigger.
    I don't think many of us on here have the shot first mentality. I think the majority of us have researched the laws in our area and keep up with the changes. Like I said, Florida has Stand your ground laws, laws to protect you in the defense of a third party, law allowing lethal force to stop a forcible felony, and laws to protect you from civil suits from the BGs family after a justified shooting. According to what I've read, many times, in the Florida statute and the scenario you described I do not yell, scream, announce, or get the BG attention in anyway. As soon as his attention is diverted I stop the threat!

One thing to remember, if you get the BG attention and don't drop him on that first shot he IS going to shot back.

Also, if you get a chance watch some of Tactical Responses tactical handgun video's. Yager goes through this exact scenario. I think you'll be surprised at how he would handle the situation.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I don't think many of us on here have the shot first mentality. I think the majority of us have researched the laws in our area and keep up with the changes. Like I said, Florida has Stand your ground laws, laws to protect you in the defense of a third party, law allowing lethal force to stop a forcible felony, and laws to protect you from civil suits from the BGs family after a justified shooting. According to what I've read, many times, in the Florida statute and the scenario you described I do not yell, scream, announce, or get the BG attention in anyway. As soon as his attention is diverted I stop the threat!

One thing to remember, if you get the BG attention and don't drop him on that first shot he IS going to shot back.

Also, if you get a chance watch some of Tactical Responses tactical handgun video's. Yager goes through this exact scenario. I think you'll be surprised at how he would handle the situation.
    I found his web site (Tactical Response) and registered, but there is A LOT of information to sift through. Too bad for me he's located on the other side of the lower 48. I was wondering if you could provide a link to the video that addresses this scenario. Are the videos free? Thx!

I found his web site (Tactical Response) and registered, but there is A LOT of information to sift through. Too bad for me he's located on the other side of the lower 48. I was wondering if you could provide a link to the video that addresses this scenario. Are the videos free? Thx!
    I'll see if i can find the clip or atleast the name of the video. I beleive its just his tactical pistol video but I'll double check. A buddy of mine bought the video and let me barrow it. It had a lot of great info and worth watching. Also Clint Smith is another name to look up. He has a few good pistol and carbine videos out.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Your right KImber that came across wrong. Sorry for that..

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Your right KImber that came across wrong. Sorry for that..

No biggy. I knew what you were getting at. I just didn't want some new reading it and thinking we are a bunch of shot first ask questions later type. No food for the anti! lol
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast