Rule one, carry whenever possible... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Rule one, carry whenever possible...

  1. #11
    Seeing that video makes the trouble of carrying a concealed pistol worth the trouble.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Thanks for a great post. It really is surprising that most people, including many who are gun owners, don't see the world for what it really is.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    The way I look at it is if you don't carry everyday and everywhere you can you may as well not have a permit. You never know!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  5. #14
    I am always armed "ALWAYS" there is no place I go without my gun. If the place doesn't allow guns, I simply don't go. When I am in my home I either have a gun on my hip, or I have several guns within an arms reach. This is and has always been my policy.
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

  6. #15
    wolfhunter Guest
    Why get a permit if you're not going to carry as often as the law allows?

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322

    Cool

    Ninety-nine percent of the time I'm armed. I will not carry onto the school grounds. I thought long and hard on that one and still think on it, but I don't carry there.

    I carry into the grocery store. There is no sign not to, even though there is a bank inside. Their metal detector doesn't detect my pistol. I carry into Wal*Mart. There is no bank but it's not posted not to. The metal detector in the entrance doesn't pick up my pistol. There is no metal detector in Wal*Mart's back entrance by the automobile section. There is no posting there, either.

    Casinos, banks, schools, the courthouse, and a few other places in town it's posted and restricted. There is no metal detector at the entrance to the courthouse, only into one of the courtrooms. I wonder, why is that? Too, there is a restriction sign on the front outside wall of the Sheriff's building.

    The church I attend will never know. My CPA, the restaurants, the auto shop, the auto dealer... and anywhere else I go they will never know. They have no need to know. I hope they never have a need to know!

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    394
    Sure I carry, I never leave home without being armed, the further out the more I add. Out side to everywhere legal I carry a 3.25" folding knife + a cell-phone, then if I am going out to check my mail in a pocket is a mini-MACE sprayer, going for a short walk, I carry a sword stick, a must for a bum knee, add more like a 18" folding steel whip-baton (6" closed), and out and about on the road or away from home an XD-9 w/4 mags (never visible), back-up 800K stun-gun & larger Sabre CS in the car door map compartment, add another larger Buck folder and thumb-cuffs, + on person & in car plenty of 24" black plastic zip-ties, 200lb busting rated, and other legal kit. I layer my defenses and use only what is required to neutralise the threat. A pit-bull rushes me, CS & whip-baton works where a single shot is maybe more than I need & could get a LEO response. A car-jacker @ a stop sign tries to yank me out, oh well he gets to find out what a XD-9 does real fast. "Was I fearing for my life?", "Yes!", "As a resonable man did you act with enough force to stop the whatever?", I can answer yes, and probably go my way. I stay armed but the pistol is a last resort to an uncomfortable situation I could walk away from, (taunts/threats = call it in on a cell) or the 1st option if I figure my life is about to end in 3 seconds if I don't use it 1st. I think that sums up layered, responsible and effective concealed weapons use/carry/thinking in my life of very few confrontations since I left CA in 2001, a lot of good folks I meet but enough out of sight kit to turn it around if some BG rushes me with a weapon or shoots and misses. To attempt unlawful entry into me casa is a fast way to find out how many more items I keep out of sight but always within a 3-5 second grasp/use radius.

    Canis-Lupus

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    I am always armed "ALWAYS" there is no place I go without my gun. If the place doesn't allow guns, I simply don't go. When I am in my home I either have a gun on my hip, or I have several guns within an arms reach. This is and has always been my policy.

    Hope you never get called for jury duty or summoned to court for anything. I'd hate to read about you in the news should you attempt to enter the court house with a concealed firearm or end up on national headlines for not showing up for jury duty because you "simply don't go".



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Ninety-nine percent of the time I'm armed. I will not carry onto the school grounds. I thought long and hard on that one and still think on it, but I don't carry there.

    I carry into the grocery store. There is no sign not to, even though there is a bank inside. Their metal detector doesn't detect my pistol. I carry into Wal*Mart. There is no bank but it's not posted not to. The metal detector in the entrance doesn't pick up my pistol. There is no metal detector in Wal*Mart's back entrance by the automobile section. There is no posting there, either.

    Casinos, banks, schools, the courthouse, and a few other places in town it's posted and restricted. There is no metal detector at the entrance to the courthouse, only into one of the courtrooms. I wonder, why is that? Too, there is a restriction sign on the front outside wall of the Sheriff's building.

    The church I attend will never know. My CPA, the restaurants, the auto shop, the auto dealer... and anywhere else I go they will never know. They have no need to know. I hope they never have a need to know!

    We discussed this earlier regarding the existence of "metal detectors" at retail stores. The reason why the "metal detector" doesn't detect your pistol is because the ARE NO METAL DETECTORS AT RETAIL STORES. What you're seeing is most likely "inventory control" devices. If you check out the high priced items like electronics or commonly shoplifted items like clothing, you'll find a plastic tag attached to the item. These "inventory control tags" are what the sensors at the entrances/exits detect. As long as you don't have one of these tags on you when you leave the store, the inventory control sensors will not alert. Please get your info straight before posting. This is a public forum, we don't need the wrong people finding out that some lady is walking around with a loaded gun and cannot distinguish between a "metal detector" and an "inventory control sensor". Imagine the many ways that they can spin this. Not a good thing!

    As for the casinos, as far as I know, casinos aren't off limits for CC (per NRS 202.365). Like any business, they can ask you to leave and you can be cited for trespassing if you don't comply. Don't recall anything from my NV CC class that stated that a casino was off limits. This was back in 2006. If the situation changed, I'd appreciate an update if anyone knows any different.




    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    We discussed this earlier regarding the existence of "metal detectors" at retail stores. The reason why the "metal detector" doesn't detect your pistol is because the ARE NO METAL DETECTORS AT RETAIL STORES. What you're seeing is most likely "inventory control" devices. If you check out the high priced items like electronics or commonly shoplifted items like clothing, you'll find a plastic tag attached to the item. These "inventory control tags" are what the sensors at the entrances/exits detect. As long as you don't have one of these tags on you when you leave the store, the inventory control sensors will not alert. Please get your info straight before posting. This is a public forum, we don't need the wrong people finding out that some lady is walking around with a loaded gun and cannot distinguish between a "metal detector" and an "inventory control sensor". Imagine the many ways that they can spin this. Not a good thing!

    As for the casinos, as far as I know, casinos aren't off limits for CC (per NRS 202.365). Like any business, they can ask you to leave and you can be cited for trespassing if you don't comply. Don't recall anything from my NV CC class that stated that a casino was off limits. This was back in 2006. If the situation changed, I'd appreciate an update if anyone knows any different.




    gf
    Ouch! Sheesh! Well, I guess I've been told. Plastic tags attached to the items? Really? Well, I never would thunk. Hmmm, so that's what those little things are for? Again, really?

    As for an earlier conversation, well, I guess I'm just too new. So, excusez moi! I "SNAFU"ed. Mea culpa. Are you going to hold that against me, too? But I'm shaking my head and wondering why you feel the need to lecture? Do you lecture often?

    As far as casinos...there is not one in my town that does not have posted, "No Firearms Allowed." If it's posted, you can't carry, openly or concealed, period. Is it not posted on the entrances to the casinos in your town? Do you have casinos in your town? I've not read what town you call home. Do all towns in NV have casinos. I'm new to this state too. Is that going to get me another talking to?

    Knock off the lecture. Just a simple statement letting me know that I'm incorrect is all that's needed. Yes, this is a public forum. But, I'm not your whipping post.
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 10-23-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast