Rule one, carry whenever possible... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rule one, carry whenever possible...

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    So does this mean that if I have a permit from FL, which NV now honors, I can carry concealed firearm in places like North Las Vegas since the new state law invalidates their previous ordinances?
    Yes or any other endorsement, license or permit that is on the NV DPS recognition page. I would also make sure that your FL or UT CFP matches your DL. If I recall correctly, all of the other States if I recall correctly are invalidated the moment you cease to be a resident of that State except for maybe AK and TN.

TN DPS does require a change of address notification and will allow you to keep your CHL if you cease to be a resident until it is expired or revoked. The only other State that may allow you to keep your CCW after ceasing to be a resident of the State may be AK. All others the last time I checked are invalidated or require you to surrender them to the issuing authority.

If you're arrested or cited for illegal CCW legally carrying on a recognized State in Boulder City or North Las Vegas you do have grounds in my opinion for a very good lawsuit against the LEO and agency that arrested you as it would be a felony arrest. I would keep the NV DPS recognition printout with you as the recognition statute about a year old now. While NV DPS and the Sheriffs and Chiefs have stated they have notified all police chiefs and they do have a say in if a State gets added to the NV recognition list this information may not make it to all NV LEOs.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I will no longer rely on that instructor and I'll go back to my normal practice of researching things for myself as I used to do all those years as a paralegal. I won't slip again!
    I live by the ancient Russian proverb which became the late President Reagan's signature phrase, "trust but verfy" or in Russian "doveryai, no proveryai" (Russian Cyrillic: Доверяй, но проверяй)). I also like traveling to MO regularly and their saying is "show me." I also make a guarantee to my students if you find a legal error that I have pointed out with a code, law or statute and can prove the error at the time you took my class I will refund your instruction fee. This does not apply to portions of the NRS that have big gray areas which will require case law to further refine. My interpretation of the child care prohibition encompasses the real estate the child care facility is on.

UNLV PD and UNR PD make it a habit of arresting CCW holders that drive through public roads going through their campus. CSN PD probably does the same thing as well. It was mentioned by Undersheriff Powell who is the chair of the CCW subcommittee that he does not agree with this policy and made some remarks regarding CCW detour signs for motorists during the last public CCW forum held by the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association.
    I found a site online that offers the NRS. I'l look for one that has state bills. I would like to read if the law was changed to include only the categories of pistol and revolver rather than the specific firearm piece that we'd like to carry.

Thanks again for the update.
    Assemblyman Settelmeyer and State Senator Heck have filed two BDRs pertaining to firearms. State Senator Heck is one of my State Senators and I'll be asking him about his BDR this weekend. He's been very responsive and supportive of RKBA. I am willing to bet one is to repeal at least the child care prohibition and the other is to make qualification for any semi-auto. There was talk during the last legislative session to the college and university prohibition because of the VA Tech incident but it was too late in the session to get a bill introduced.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

4. Good read Don, but really its just common sense to carry everywhere and anywhere. Even a couple of those places where we can't legally carry, we should. Depending on where those places are and how bad the area is, I still do. When its my life thats up for grabs, I make the rules, not the government. Like right now, the polling places we have to go to are in the ghetto, nasty areas of our county. Nothing but loud, loser, crack-head, low-lifes hanging around inside and outside and maybe 1-2 cops to watch over 1,000 people. Hell if I'm not carrying. Thats just the place for trouble, the state isn't gonna make me vulnerable. You know the saying, " I'd rather face a judge than a coroner." And since Obama is in the race, you know what type of people are out in force, unlike any other election year.

I remember my CWL course 18 years ago here in Florida. The instructor was great, and he did mention that we all need to carry our guns 100% of the time that we're legal to. Only place I don't carry my gun besides the obvious places with metal detectors, are in bars/clubs, anytime I'm going out drinking alcohol (although the law in Florida says you can still use dealy force if your life is threatened while intoxicated 790.151(5)) and at professional sporting events (doubt anything will happen while at a football game).

Schools, colleges, post offices....we need them there these days, there's shooting at these places regularly in our country.

Anyhoo.....carry, carry, carry.

Quote Originally Posted by CMS23 View Post
    Seeing that video makes the trouble of carrying a concealed pistol worth the trouble.
    It only seems like trouble for a short time. Then it becomes natural. I now feel an emptiness if going somewhere I can't carry.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    It only seems like trouble for a short time. Then it becomes natural. I now feel an emptiness if going somewhere I can't carry.
    Same here...it has been bugging me all day on some places where I am not allowed to carry...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Same here...it has been bugging me all day on some places where I am not allowed to carry...
    I carry 24/7. Everywhere I have to be. Who gets to make the call on my need for personal self-protection? I do. No one else. It's a GOD-given right.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I carry 24/7. Everywhere I have to be. Who gets to make the call on my need for personal self-protection? I do. No one else. It's a GOD-given right.
    Actually, I do not mean establishments...I don't go to establishments where I am not allowed to carry. I make that decision with my wallet. What I was actually thinking then were my neighbours' places. Last year some members of our neighbourhood estate started getting together (which includes my husband and me) for game nights. My husband, being the proud-of-his-wife one, had been telling everyone how I always outshoot him in the range, etc., etc. You know, sometimes he "overtells" so not wanting to rain on his parade, so I kept my peace and just smiled.

Anyway, the last time we were at our "game night", we held it across the road from us. The male owner of the residence suddenly came to me, pretending to greet me and quickly frisked me and said, you are not carrying, are you? I was offended but I still did not say anything. I just made it a point to be more smarter than all of them (I beat them to their game!) and told myself that it will be the last time I am going to step into that house. I haven't told my husband yet what happened that night, but I had been contemplating on telling him that soon at the time when this post came out. The thing about this is that, it means I am uninviting ourselves to these neighbourhood events because we are the only ones that carries. I know it is just a short walk to go home across the road and we will be safely home but criminal events do not make an appointment, that was what was on my mind. If I cannot carry, then I am out of that so-called "events". I do not want to compromise our safety.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

9. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I only carry on the days that end in y.

I carry only when I'm awake and when I'm asleep a pistol is 2 ft away.

I carry all the time. Sometimes my wife thinks I'm crazy, but it's starting to get burned into her mind why. I've been doing some work at my mother-in-laws house, which is about 10 minutes away in a "up scale" neighborhood. Not that mine is bad. I had taken my jacket off and set my carry piece under it in it's holster. I was in and out of the house and garage with my jacket on and left my piece on the chair. There's no kids in that house so I wasn't worried about it. She saw it sitting there and said "Is that your gun?" "yes" Why do you have it? I said cause there's lots of crazies out there." she gave me a sideways nod and that was it. The same day my wife stopped by on her way to work and I gave her one of the colapsable batons I have. I showed her how to use it, and she was on her way. Later that night she called me as she was leaving work. She's a nurse, and gets off at 11pm. She called me cause as she left the entrance a man that was standing there started to follow her towards the parking garage. She said it was strange cause he was just standing there and then started fallowing as soon as she was out of the sliding doors. She sad she had the baton up her sleeve in her hand as she was walking. The guy took the stairs, she took the elevator in the garage. she got to her car without seeing him again.
    I'm pretty sure she gets why I carry all the time. Maybe he wasn't a threat, maybe has was. Could be that her on the phone was enough to deter him. Who knows. but what if he was going to try something? what if I hadn't given her the baton that day?

All ways be prepared!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I like my titanium Taurus revolver (.38+P) and Galco pocket hoster - I'm never without - even at home. Then on occasion when I feel the need I also carry my 92FS. When a firearm is needed nothing else will do.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast