Concealed Carry & The Wife's Girlfriends - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Concealed Carry & The Wife's Girlfriends

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Y'know, there's always fabric paint. If there is something she likes but it's not pink then one of you can go to the local craft store and get some of that paint. You can even paint on some designs. Charlie's Angels comes to mind.

  2.   
  3. #32
    wolfhunter Guest
    +1 for Smart Carry. At 5'11", 220, I can conceal a full size 45 in jeans and a tucked shirt, and draw time is faster than from a fanny pack. (As close as I've been to drawing from a purse)

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Y'know, there's always fabric paint. If there is something she likes but it's not pink then one of you can go to the local craft store and get some of that paint. You can even paint on some designs. Charlie's Angels comes to mind.
    LOL, love it Now that's funny. Over on the M&P forums they told the gun smith who made the gun for his wife. He should pimp it out with a Bedazzler. I love all the feedback i am getting ( Really love it from the Female users) that always help to get feedback from you. I am not going to push it for now, Step one is getting her to carry. Then when she is use to carrying i will push it more and more a little at a time. If i keep pushing it now i think she may just walk away all together. I still have to get her a cheap holster ( Because don't you have to have one for the NRA class's?) Or can she draw from her handbag? I got a e-mail back from Hoffners tactical he said this one will fit the M&P and it comes with a holster. It's up there with your 100 dollars (GLOCK) lol so i am thinking it's a good one. On top of that it's the same one Reviewed in American Hand Gunner by John Conner. So i know it's good. On top of that 95% of the time when she is carrying we will be together and i carry in a holster (OWB, For now) so i just have to worry about her the other 5%. Glock check that over let me know what you think ( see if they pass the GLOCK test LOL)

    Hoffners : Store home

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  5. #34
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I got a e-mail back from Hoffners tactical he said this one will fit the M&P and it comes with a holster. It's up there with your 100 dollars (GLOCK) lol so i am thinking it's a good one. On top of that it's the same one Reviewed in American Hand Gunner by John Conner. So i know it's good. On top of that 95% of the time when she is carrying we will be together and i carry in a holster (OWB, For now) so i just have to worry about her the other 5%. Glock check that over let me know what you think ( see if they pass the GLOCK test LOL)

    Hoffners : Store home
    Look at it this way, if you were to start her off with a cheap holster, and it fails to perform well, she may be turned against carrying because THAT method is a hassle. If you get a better purse, and she doesn't have to fight the holster, she may find she likes being able to protect herself, and ask for her own holster(s).

  6. #35
    Well when i said cheep what i meant was not a custom made one. Just a plastic holster or a black hawk one for 20 dollars. When/if she gets into it more i will get her a good holster. But for now i am getting her the handbag.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    I've got a great excuse for the two of you to come to PRHI. Both of you can come here and take one of the many NRA classes that I either teach myself or within the network of instructors here.

    All kidding aside, depending on what NRA class she's taking, a holster may or may not be necessary. A good way to get her started is for her to carry around the house. With all of the home invasions happening around the country, what better way to improve your odds of surviving such an attack.

    I checked out the link in your previous post. Not sure what purse you were talking about, but what I saw looked like the photo from an earlier post. Most reputable merchants have some type of return policy. Check it out and see how everything works. If it doesn't work as well as you would like it to, you should be able to send it back for some type of credit or a refund.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  8. #37
    Well as i said before the class i am giving her/taking with her to touch up on my skills is. The NRA basic pistol, i am also trying to talk her into taking NRA, Protection inside the home/out side the home with me. LOL i would love to come to HI my uncle was stationed there when he was in the airforce he just got out last year as a full COL.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    She will not need her firearm or holster for the NRA Basic Pistol class. All firearms and ammunition should be provided by the instructor or facility where the class is held.

    NRA policy for the classes is to have no firearms or ammunition in the classroom. Regardless if you're LE, CC permit holder, etc., as a safety precaution, all firearms and ammunition are excluded from the classroom.

    Come on over to HI. Hotel prices are the lowest they've been in years, airfare is very reasonable, and the weather is a lot better than other places in the U.S. right about now.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  10. #39
    As a ccw instructor, i have to agree with gray wolf; purse carry is a bad idea. I try to tell all my students there is a reason Le carries strongside OWB. Second best is IWB, also strong side. I know on body carry is a struggle for ladies, particularly those who are more curvy, but carrying is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. It require some sacrifices to carry, and some discomfort/ inconvience. A chang in wardrobe is not the worst thing in the world.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    As a ccw instructor, i have to agree with gray wolf; purse carry is a bad idea.
    You can carry any firearm you want in a purse, but it's not going to help at all if it's being carried away by a running purse snatcher. All it does is contribute to the livelihood of some thug.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast