Concealed Carry & The Wife's Girlfriends
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry & The Wife's Girlfriends

Question Concealed Carry & The Wife's Girlfriends

As some of you may know From another post i got my wife to start thinking about concealed carry/putting in her permit. I was over reading my M&P forums and was reading a post by a member who made a PINK M&P for his wife. Well my wife saw that photo and now she said she will only carry if i get her a pink gun like that. I put in a e-mail to a few gun smith's and I'm waiting for word back from them on a price. She has also told me that she will not carry with out a class first. So with her gun i am getting her the NRA basic hand gun class. But i have one problem i can't solve my self. She says she does not want to carry in a holster she wants a handbag to carry it in. Can any of you give me links to sites that have good ones? That do not Wipe me or the bank account out!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

wolfhunter Guest

Try to get her to reconsider. Explain to her that if trouble should come, it tends to come very fast. There's not always time to dig through her purse to find her gun. Likewise, her purse may not always be readily accessable. When the bad guy is busting through the door or the car jacker is yanking her out of the car, its not time to realize that her purse/gun is in the other room or on the far side of the seat.
    A defensive firearm should be within arms reach and easy to grab at all times. The best way to do that is carry it on your body.
    BTW: there are several holster makers who make holsters specificly designed for women.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Try to get her to reconsider. Explain to her that if trouble should come, it tends to come very fast. There's not always time to dig through her purse to find her gun. Likewise, her purse may not always be readily accessable. When the bad guy is busting through the door or the car jacker is yanking her out of the car, its not time to realize that her purse/gun is in the other room or on the far side of the seat.
    A defensive firearm should be within arms reach and easy to grab at all times. The best way to do that is carry it on your body.
    BTW: there are several holster makers who make holsters specificly designed for women.
    Also remind her that a purse is a target for the BG. Hard to stop a robbery when the BG is holding one side of her weapon's concealment. Harder to stop a rape if her purse has been taken away and tossed away from her.

True all true. I will see what i can do. You have to give take you push to hard and they walk away all together. On a side note she may have no Choice as all of the handbags so far only fit J frames. None will fit the Full size M&P. Maybe if i find her a pink holster lol j/k...

By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Any one know of a Concealed carry jacket for winter time. With side zippers for people who OWB carry?

Maybe from the perspective of another woman ... some of the vests for sale in the web sites that were provided above were mighty "feminine" looking if I can use that term with out offending anyone. They weren't cut like a man's vest and they were made not with pink but with a paisley pattern. I'm not into paisley but I don't think I'd mind wearing a vest of that pattern. They didn't look like the "typical" ccw carry item, making them ideal for concealment in the "working world." The western patterns were good looking, too.

I'm a fan of fanny packs, too. Unless someone can show me otherwise, I don't think they are as much a target for theft as purses might be. I haven't carried a purse in years because of my goofed up back but fanny packs do the trick for me just fine.

Also, some of the ccw T-shirts are made for both men and women and they have some padding that make them seem to be comfortable. I've not tried those yet. It would be hard to wear a ccw t-shirt under something like a tank top in the middle of the summer desert heat.

That's something for her to consider - the weather and how she will carry. If she wears skirts or skorts then maybe a belly band or an ITW would work for her? Maybe a thigh band? Does anyone made underware bands for women?

Hope this gives you both some food for thought.

For the most part it would be just in New England. NH for the most part winter time -0 or lower on really bad days. She does not really wear skirts/skorts for the most part it's dress paints/blue jeans. I found a few nice ones over at Coronado Leather that don't cost a arm and a leg. The problem i am finding as i said before is most if not all of the hand bags are made for J frames. Not full size guns.

11. Concealed Carry

My wife said if I got her a PINK gun, she'd probably use it on me first, ROFLMAO.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast