Divorce, TPOs, Pistols, Mace or Other Sprays - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divorce, TPOs, Pistols, Mace or Other Sprays

I can only hope this has a happy ending and i do not see her and the kids on the news and him in hand cuffs. As is so often the case. Let us know what happens.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Thank you for your well wishes! We are trying our best to keep it all "civil," hoping for a peaceable outcome!
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 10-31-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typos

4. Thank you for sharing useful information.you need to get an F.I.D. card to purchase and carry. Contact your local police station they can tell you what you need. You may need to take a hunter's safety course even for just pepper spray/mace not 100% sure.

5. Divorce, TPO's etc.

Huibs, in most states, it is illegal for anyone except an attorney to give legal advice. I know in Arizona, it opens one to a $300 fine for giving advice if not an attorney. Also, as far as loaning or giving a gun, this puts the loaner or giver in the position of being a 'straw possessor.' Just this week, Judge Jeanine Pirro lambasted a woman who went to buy a gun for her boyfriend because he could not get one. Her permit had expired, so she was unable to obtain a gun for him and Judge Pirro told her she was doggone lucky. Had she bought a gun for him and he used it in a crime, she is liable. I had the local police contact me one time about a gun I had once owned, as it had been used in a crime. I had traded it to a local gunshop, and had all the paperwork to show the legal trade. Had I not had that, My tail would have been swinging in the breeze.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    Huibs, in most states, it is illegal for anyone except an attorney to give legal advice. I know in Arizona, it opens one to a $300 fine for giving advice if not an attorney. Also, as far as loaning or giving a gun, this puts the loaner or giver in the position of being a 'straw possessor.' Just this week, Judge Jeanine Pirro lambasted a woman who went to buy a gun for her boyfriend because he could not get one. Her permit had expired, so she was unable to obtain a gun for him and Judge Pirro told her she was doggone lucky. Had she bought a gun for him and he used it in a crime, she is liable. I had the local police contact me one time about a gun I had once owned, as it had been used in a crime. I had traded it to a local gunshop, and had all the paperwork to show the legal trade. Had I not had that, My tail would have been swinging in the breeze.

Lending a firearm is not necessarily illegal. The term you're looking for is "straw purchase", not "straw possessor". A straw purchase would be purchasing a firearm for someone else. Here in PRHI it is perfectly legal for me to purchase a long gun, and lend it to someone for up to 15 days. There are certain conditions like the borrower has to be at least 16 years of age and in possession of a valid hunting license (for legal hunting firearms) or 18 years of age for all other legal purposes. If I'm still the legal owner of the firearm and simply lending it out for up to 15 days, then there's no problem. Handguns are a different story though. I can lend a handgun to another individual provided that I'm in close proximity to that individual.

Here in PRHI firearms owners are absolutely liable for damages caused by their firearms. One must seriously consider who they're lending thier firearms to.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

She can buy a big Doberman and keep it close. Good home protection at all hours and can ride in the car too. No law against that anywhere. At the worst they can prosecute the dog for biting off his manhood. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bandit View Post
    She can buy a big Doberman and keep it close. Good home protection at all hours and can ride in the car too. No law against that anywhere. At the worst they can prosecute the dog for biting off his manhood. :D
    Great concept. I think you're on to something. This would be a new type of "Service Animal".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

If she issued the TPO against her soon to be EX. The TPO is on him not her. There would be no legal action pending on her. He couldn't not buy a firearm but she can. But check the state laws in her area.
    Last edited by gun runner; 12-09-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12