I am I mentally prepared to defend myself

View Poll Results: Are you mentally prepared to shoot in self defense

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill them all and let God sort them out

10 7.63%
  • Trained and ready no regrets

32 24.43%
  • I am ready and trained but do not relish the thought nor do I look forward to it

87 66.41%
  • Have not really thought it through but I am armed for protection

2 1.53%
  • I can't take the life of another

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am I mentally prepared to defend myself

Exclamation Am I mentally prepared to defend myself

Here is an interesting thought... Please keep all Bravado and false security objective as you mull this one over.
    Last edited by festus; 11-01-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. i am trained and ready no regrets, have been mentally telling myself that for years now. so should it ever happen, no regrets. because if you hesitate, people die

I had a hard time deciding between no regrets and I don't relish the thought. I certainly do not look forward to it. I would much prefer living my life and never being put in a position to have to defend myself or my family. However, if it came down to my life or families lives, I do not think I would have any regrets in defending myself.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

5. good man, my family, dont ever threaten them, or my dogs. ha. but in all seriousness. what do you think they think of you? are you expendible? are you really willing to find out?

While I know that I would defend life if required I don't relish the idea of taking someone else's.

Don't relish the thought. I hope I never have to use my firearm or any weapon to take the life of another human. Having said that if put in the position to have to take the life of someone in my on defence, family member or innocent third party then at that point I will do what I have to with out regret.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Don't relish the thought. I hope I never have to use my firearm or any weapon to take the life of another human. Having said that if put in the position to have to take the life of someone in my on defence, family member or innocent third party then at that point I will do what I have to with out regret.
    +1 on that HK4U

I voted the same. I don't relish the thought but I would defend myself or my family if need be. I hope that day never comes. If it does come, then I will do what I have to do with out hesitation. I will not regret taking someones life who was trying to take mine or my families. They come first.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

not really trained but with no regrets, i've been i the situation where i could of killed or been killed, thankfully it didn't go that far, but if its my life and that of my family's, no regrets. period.
    Please don't shoot at me!

Quote Originally Posted by youngone View Post
    not really trained but with no regrets, i've been i the situation where i could of killed or been killed, thankfully it didn't go that far, but if its my life and that of my family's, no regrets. period.
    Don't remember if I have done so or not but if I have not, let me welcome you from Texas.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I've been trained from martial arts to firearms. hopefully I will never be in a situation where I would have to pull my firearm, I would rather use hands and feet, but if I had to do something like that to save myself or the lives of people that I love then I am ready to do what I have to do to keep them with me alive and well. would not have any regrets for saving a life from some one who could care less.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast