What Do You Look For In A Gun?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Look For In A Gun?

1. What Do You Look For In A Gun?

wait, did i say that right? what do you look for in a girl... gun, yea i mean gun. looks or personality. and by personality i mean the functionality

Quote Originally Posted by Rht4162 View Post
    wait, did i say that right? what do you look for in a girl... gun, yea i mean gun. looks or personality. and by personality i mean the functionality
    My primary concern would be functionality. However, looks are important to me also. I just have a hard time warming up to a firearm that is totally ugly. I wouldn't pick the prettiest firearm in the world either if it wouldn't fire when I needed it to.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

It depends on what my current desire is.

A 'gun' I can depend on to do what is needed.

OR

A good time.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

My primary concern is the feel and fit in my hand then caliber. Any function problems after the fact can be fixed.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Y'know fellas, looks and feel aren't everything. Ya gotta know if she/he/it can function well and get the job done correctly.

3 things

1- Reliability
    2- Reliability
    3- Double Action

If it can't be proven reliable I won't have it. I will take something and tweak it if it has problems, but it must prove itself (100rds no cleaning). I like ugly rugers because my P95 has never failed with any ammo I throw down its throat. My Taurus PT145 will eat cheap Blaser and WWB. Both are ugly stepsisters. I am going to even try to feed them some Wolf and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Y'know fellas, looks and feel aren't everything. Ya gotta know if she/he/it can function well and get the job done correctly.
    My feelings exactly! Misfires/Accidental Discharges are no good. Goes for the gun also--I go for what fits and performs well over looks.

Seriously, I'd shoot about anything once and most you'd have to pull me away from, but probably wouldn't actually own an ugly gun even if it shot well--with all the guns out there, there's got to be one that's better looking that performs just as well . . .

I am married so not looking for a girl however if I were it would be the same as with a gun. First and foremost dependability. I would want to be able to trust her and the gun I am trusting with my life.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Reliability, functionality, comfort and concealability (if used for that). Looks aren't all that important to me.

11. Quality. Fit and finish. Caliber. Dead reliability. Esthetics. Longevity. Accuracy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast