Why Carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Carry?

Thanks for sharing that article. She is a very smart girl. I carry everywhere I legally can. As she said, you never know
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

wolfhunter Guest
    Very well written article. Carry everywhere the law will allow. Go to a higher alert status in areas where carry isn't allowed.

4. Why Carry?

Glockster, I salute you. I know what it is like to be a reserve. After I got out of the radio room (I started as a dispatcher) and went into the jail, I became a reserve. It was great back then, The sheriff gave me split days off so I could attend the academy. I would work my shift in the jail, go out with a deputy as a reserve, and attend the academy. I could learn something and then see how it worked in the field. I was putting in 80 to 90 hours a week total. I graduated with the Academic Award, having averaged 95% on my written tests, and qualified on the range with a 297 out of a possible 300 points. (expert). They later changed the rules, now you have to graduate before you can ride or otherwise function as a reserve. I know how important the job you do is. Some people look down on reserves as pretend cops. You and I know that we perform (performed, in my case) a job that helps the department serve the public withou the financial outlay of a regular officer. My best wishes to you. Stay strong and stay safe.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12