Redistributed my wealth! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Redistributed my wealth!

  1. Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I figured they'd probably be at that show. Unfortunately I'll be on my way back from Tenn. that day. I'll probably just end up picking up some powder and primers locally and ordering some bullets from them online.
    FYI, I was cruising around Gunbroker and came across some .45 and 9mm bullets, and contacted the seller. I let him know that I would be out of the country and could not bid on his auction, but would be interested in purchasing from him at another time. He directed me to his site, where by the way, his bullets are cheaper than what he sells on gunbroker.

    The prices look pretty good, but they are for Zero brand bullets, and I don't know how you feel about them. They might be good for the target loads you were talking about. He has got 1000 9mm in 115gr or 125gr JHP for $82. His .45ACP is $115 per 1000 on 230gr FMJ


    Here is a link

    Zero Bullets
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    FYI, I was cruising around Gunbroker and came across some .45 and 9mm bullets, and contacted the seller. I let him know that I would be out of the country and could not bid on his auction, but would be interested in purchasing from him at another time. He directed me to his site, where by the way, his bullets are cheaper than what he sells on gunbroker.

    The prices look pretty good, but they are for Zero brand bullets, and I don't know how you feel about them. They might be good for the target loads you were talking about. He has got 1000 9mm in 115gr or 125gr JHP for $82. His .45ACP is $115 per 1000 on 230gr FMJ


    Here is a link



    Zero Bullets
    Thanks for the link Palmach. I have used Zero swagged lead bullets in the past and was very happy with them. I'll take a look at the site.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #23
    I'm thinking that new democratic regulations will hurt us more in the ammo department than the gun department. Most of us have enough firearms to last a few decades. If we don't add even one more during that time we won't be hurting too bad, however, I know that my supply of ammo won't last long at all.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Biblical1st View Post
    I'm thinking that new democratic regulations will hurt us more in the ammo department than the gun department. Most of us have enough firearms to last a few decades. If we don't add even one more during that time we won't be hurting too bad, however, I know that my supply of ammo won't last long at all.
    At this point, anybody serious about 2nd Amendment and protecting their families should be reloading. Not only that, they should be stocking up on components. Right now the prices are not being affected like ammunition is.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    At this point, anybody serious about 2nd Amendment and protecting their families should be reloading. Not only that, they should be stocking up on components. Right now the prices are not being affected like ammunition is.
    In the past, when I've run the numbers, the savings from reloading has been small enough to pay less than minimum wage. Now I can see that reloading would be faster if I had a more expensive setup, but that is a major financial investment for only minor time savings. :) Still, with the rising cost of ammo, I'm thinking that you're right and I should recalculate the costs. I'm set for hunting components, but pistol practice sure burns powder! :)

    Thanks for the pointer. I'll check arround a little more.

    God bless.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Biblical1st View Post
    In the past, when I've run the numbers, the savings from reloading has been small enough to pay less than minimum wage. Now I can see that reloading would be faster if I had a more expensive setup, but that is a major financial investment for only minor time savings. :) Still, with the rising cost of ammo, I'm thinking that you're right and I should recalculate the costs. I'm set for hunting components, but pistol practice sure burns powder! :)

    Thanks for the pointer. I'll check arround a little more.

    God bless.
    I've been reloading for about 2 years now and have made for my equipment at least 2 times over. I spent about $250 on my entire Lee setup (including tumbler). Every time I go to the range I pick up EVERY piece of brass I can get my hands on. So I've never had to pay for brass. Right now I can load a 50 round box of 230 gr lead round nose target ammo for about $7. Sure beats $29 something for wally worlds white box stuff.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322

    Unhappy Nothing Left

    We're done redistributing our money - mainly 'cause there's nothin' left. Now the only thing we need is a tumbler. I have an old automotive parts tumbler but I'm told it just won't work for brass. We bought 22s, 380s,44s, 45s, 9s, and some 30-06s, assorted hollow points and not. We already have the 223s. Bought one more pistol, 380 Cobra, will pick it up next week. Silly me, I went to buy the one I saw 2 weeks ago and it was already gone, so I had to order one. Also picked up another holster, another fanny pack, tons of reloading supplies along with some brass and bullets. Now we get to play with the brass and bullets. We recently bought the reloading equipment. I say we but I mean hubby. I'm going to enjoy spending the time with as he teaches me how to reload. I love our together time this way. I've been told I'm weird but that's what you get with newlyweds! We are also going to buy membership at a local range. I wish we had the money for FrontSight but we don't; it's so close, just outside of town. Ah well, I've contributed enough for now, gotta wait for the first of the month to roll around.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322

    By The Way and FYI

    Wal*Mart was stocking up and has seen a rush already. Get 'em while they're hot! ha ha ha They claim their prices for ammo will double by the middle of next January, by the swearing in ceremony. I don't doubt it. The owner of the gun shop where I bought the 380 said the same thing. I didn't even make it to my third gun store stops. I'm not a gloom and doom type person, nor am I a gotta- buy-it-now-or-never-get-it type person. I'm a sit-back-and-see-what-happens type person. But, this time I'm thinking it's gonna be different. I'm trying to be a realist, hedging my bets.
    Anyone know where I can find a good tumbler?

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Wal*Mart was stocking up and has seen a rush already. Get 'em while they're hot! ha ha ha They claim their prices for ammo will double by the middle of next January, by the swearing in ceremony. I don't doubt it. The owner of the gun shop where I bought the 380 said the same thing. I didn't even make it to my third gun store stops. I'm not a gloom and doom type person, nor am I a gotta- buy-it-now-or-never-get-it type person. I'm a sit-back-and-see-what-happens type person. But, this time I'm thinking it's gonna be different. I'm trying to be a realist, hedging my bets.
    Anyone know where I can find a good tumbler?
    I have a Frankford arsenal tumbler I ordered from Cabela's. It was a decent price and works well.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I've been reloading for about 2 years now and have made for my equipment at least 2 times over. I spent about $250 on my entire Lee setup (including tumbler). Every time I go to the range I pick up EVERY piece of brass I can get my hands on. So I've never had to pay for brass. Right now I can load a 50 round box of 230 gr lead round nose target ammo for about $7. Sure beats $29 something for wally worlds white box stuff.
    Thanks Kimber PB. I've just looked over the numbers, and it looks like a good investment, especially since a doller saved is 2 dollars earned. I've also just lost a side job, so my spare time isn't worth what it used to be. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    We are also going to buy membership at a local range. I wish we had the money for FrontSight but we don't; it's so close, just outside of town. Ah well, I've contributed enough for now, gotta wait for the first of the month to roll around.
    If you havn't been to FrontSight yet, you can get certificates worth $2000 retail for around $120 on eBay. They are only good for a your first class at Front Sight. I'd get one if I was closer, but the travel is a little difficult. One of my friends went there with his wife and they really loved it. :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast