Deleware Concealed Carry

Thread: Deleware Concealed Carry

1. Deleware Concealed Carry

i recently moved from nevada to new jersey...ican't believe how restrictive the gun laws are here. i moved to be closer to my family but i am looking at deleware as it is only 2 hours from where i live now...does anyone out here know how hard it is to get a concealed carry permit in deleware? i have one for nevada and one for utah.. thaks taters

Delaware is a "may issue" state which means the decision is going to come down to your local jurisdiction, the Prothonotary to be more exact. They have no requirement to issue and can deny as they see fit. Your Utah permit is accepted by Delaware so you can use it there as long as you don't become a resident. For more info give the following a try:

Delaware Concealed Carry Permit Information - USA Carry

Handgunlaw.us

What made you move from Nevada to New Jersey if you're a gun owner? I'm a resident of NJ, and even I don't want to live here.

I think the hard part is getting "five non relative, upstanding citizens" to sign for you saying
    they think your're not bat crazy.
    Also, De. and N.J are not recripricol. Your best bet would be Utah. They issue out of state cc permits
    recip. w/De., you just have to take their course. Available in most states by Ut. licensed instructors.
    Check out; Handgunlaw.us
    Good luck
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

First of all, welcome to USA Carry, taters.

Second of all, what in the world were you thinking moving from the lovely state of Nevada to the godforsaken People's Republic of New Jersey?

Even if you move to DE, you're not guaranteed to get a permit by virtue of the fact that it is may issue. Open carry without a permit is legal there, although I'm not sure how socially acceptable it is and if the police will hassle people for it.