Add this to my defense plans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add this to my defense plans

Add this to my defense plans

I may have to add a parrot to my home defence plans. The following was form a news article on NBC5I.com It happened in Dallas.

Dennis Baker, who keeps several pet birds, said his Mexican Red-headed parrot "Salvador" said "hello" when he sees someone.

As a man passed by a window at his home, Salvador began saying "Hello, hello," awaking Baker.

Baker then saw the intruder on a surveillance system and shot him inside the home's detached garage, police said.

The intruder, who was identified as John Woodson, 46, was taken to Parkland Hospital in critical condition. He died a short time later.

People had burglarized the home, which is also used as a locksmith shop, several times in the last month, according to police.

Dallas police said Baker will not face charges because he was defending his property.

A bill passed earlier this year by legislators gives Texans a stronger legal right to defend themselves with deadly force in their homes, vehicles and workplaces.
    Copyright 2007 by nbc5i.com The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Good stuff! I always have hoped that when the time came, my pups would step up to the plate. They are pretty aware of thier boundries.

The Irony of this story....

People had burglarized the home, which is also used as a locksmith shop
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

5. Even locksmiths have windows:D
    Being a locksmith I have found that 99% of the time crooks don't try the lock, they just tear up whatever to gain entrance.
    Nuke'em til they glow then shoot them in the dark!

I used to have a pet rabbit that was great for home defence. She had a little attitude, so she'd go out of her mind whenever she saw someone she didn't know. She used to "sigh" a warning that someone was around she didn't know, and if that didn't get it my attention (she was 2 lbs. so she didn't make a loud noise) she clamp down on her cage with her teeth and start rattling it, which made a rather horrendous sound. I have friends who wouldn't come near my house until well after she'd passed away.

7. Those are some smart animals! I grew up next to an old lady with a huge doberman. That dog was so loyal that when she opened the door, it stepped out first and then stood there until the conversation was over.

We have two Chihuahuas and trust me, they will even bark at their shadow..no one comes into this house without me knowing it, not as long as these two are alive.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

While I do like birds, I think I will stick with my 100 pound furry Akita for home defense. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I hear ya. My 2 pits and the "wanna-be" (aussie shepherd/beagly, beagly) are babies, just don't test them.
    While birds are cool, I will agree;hands down, rasslin' and curlin' up w/ ARE better w/ furry lil criiters that bark.

Watchdog Westies

Got two Westies that are the greatest watchdogs--alarms--as opposed to guarddogs like pitts and akitas. Always give me plenty of time to retrieve one of the defensive tools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast