Million Gun Owner March in 2009
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Million Gun Owner March in 2009

1. Million Gun Owner March in 2009

What do you guys think of getting together and doing this? Seems like others are serious.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: HOW ABOUT A "MILLION GUNOWNERS MARCH"?
    G19
    G26

There seems to be a lack of enthusiasm on AR15.com - and IMO, it's because conservatives just don't seem to be into the whole "protesting" thing. It's unlike us to go out and hold a march and possibly clash with the police, because we tend to associate that sort of behavior with left-wing hippies.

I think it's a good idea, though - but Washington, DC isn't necessarily the place to do it. Lots of people demonstrate in DC - so much so that it rarely makes big news. The thing to do would be to have it in an unusual place, or have statewide marches on one day, or something that would catch people a bit off-guard.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

I like the idea, except for one thing. The media coverage would portray any participants as crazy, maniacal lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I like the idea, except for one thing. The media coverage would portray any participants as crazy, maniacal lunatics.
    So what else is new?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That's true too. It may work out better if it were planned in a way that makes it seem non-crazy. Get some support from vocal elected officials and plan a barrage of positive advertising and friendly media coverage in advance.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

At least you didn't say maniacal liberals. I thank you for that!

boyzoi Guest

Thumbs up

I think its a great idea.......
    maybe going at it from a regional approach. divide the country into 3 or 4 regions and pick a major city in each. Coordinate the times so they occur together etc.
    the media would no matter what portray us as maniacs, so it would be vitally important that all kept their heads.
    BTW gdcleanfun.........dont go gettin a complex

Believe it of not, I would do this. I think its a great way to be heard. The only thing that troubles me, is like Tatted said...we would be branded as wackos and crazy nuts. I would do this though
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I'm in. I would do this as welll. However, I think it would need to be done in a very civil fashion so that we are not branded as "wackos". Minding our manners and not breaking any laws. If one person gets arrested it would make us all look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    I'm in. I would do this as welll. However, I think it would need to be done in a very civil fashion so that we are not branded as "wackos". Minding our manners and not breaking any laws. If one person gets arrested it would make us all look bad.
    and you know...with 1 million people. There is bound to be one moron who ruins it for everyone. However, Im still in
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast