Not all liberals hate guns! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not all liberals hate guns!

Well, at least you do have guns in common with us, gdcleanfun. After all, that's why we're all here, isn't it? I, for one, am glad you're here with us, even if I do disagree with your position on abortion.

My definition of Liberal

Someone who is hell bent on destroying the values that made America great in the first place. I believe that we all have rights and should abide by the laws of our nation. It pains me to see a bunch of people whine when the law does not go their way. Case in point the demonstartions in CA. The people clearly spoke for what they wanted and the others are whining.

If there is evidence that a law is being disregarded as in the Obama Birth Certificate Scandal, then the law needs to be upheld. If we don't like the law, put it before congress and the senate and change it the right way.

Screaming and yelling about unfair doesn't cut it. Changing the rules because they don't suite you doesn't cut it.

You folks who claim to be liberals with guns are not so liberal. You have morals and a conscience or you would not be who you are and what you are; A grown adult exercising a God Given Right to self defense inside the rule of law.

Independant yes, liberal not really.
    Last edited by festus; 11-10-2008 at 09:13 AM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

boyzoi Guest

Question

Is there a "liberal" gun owner website......where you can express your love of guns to the antis ?

Question

Ok, so then, what's your definition of liberal?

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Someone who is hell bent on destroying the values that made America great in the first place. I believe that we all have rights and should abide by the laws of our nation. It pains me to see a bunch of people whine when the law does not go their way. Case in point the demonstartions in CA. The people clearly spoke for what they wanted and the others are whining.

If there is evidence that a law is being disregarded as in the Obama Birth Certificate Scandal, then the law needs to be upheld. If we don't like the law, put it before congress and the senate and change it the right way.

Screaming and yelling about unfair doesn't cut it. Changing the rules because they don't suite you doesn't cut it.

You folks who claim to be liberals with guns are not so liberal. You have morals and a conscience or you would not be who you are and what you are; A grown adult exercising a God Given Right to self defense inside the rule of law.

Independant yes, liberal not really.
    Hmmm, so then, because I'm not screaming or yelling or whining means that I'm not a liberal? Saying that because I don't make noise makes me not a liberal doesn't cut it. Imho, there are tons of good and bad values/morals in America/around the world that deserve to be interpreted differently than how they've been interpreted before now. The Supreme Court's does that everyday. If we as a people didn't need new interpretations then the Supreme Court institution wouldn't be needed. Morals and values are SO very subjective that no one of them is right or wrong. They just are. They represent personal decisions, they guide both you and I on how to live one way and not another. My morals and values mean as much to me as yours probably do to you. But, I can tell you that my morals probably are not the same as your morals, and neither yours nor my moral/values are bad, just probably different. I don't want to get into a debate about all of them but I'm for many of the changes; since you brought it up - Prob 8 for instance. But that's neither here nor there because it has nothing to do with firearms or cc or 2A or anything else on this board. I do want to change some things because many things need to be changed. That's what makes me a liberal. However, I don't want to change the 2nd Amendment. So I disagree because that does not make me something other than a liberal. I suppose that maybe that makes me a middle of the road liberal, but I'm still a liberal, nonetheless.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It just seems to not matter what a politicians personal stance is on critical issues when they go ahead and vote along party lines. I'm sure there are some pro-gun liberal politicians, but I doubt many of them will vote against the assault weapon ban or any other anti-gun legislation.

It all comes down to a person's priorities. I believe the 2nd Amendment is the most important one and that you can judge a politicians character on their support or opposition to it. I believe in the values of our Forefathers who created this country. I believe that people who don't embrace the values of our Forefathers should find another place to live.

I am conservative. I'm a Christian. I'm also pro life, pro America and believe in smaller government.

I wouldn't hesitate to vote for a Democrat that shares these views if I believed they had the courage to vote the way they feel.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

There exist at least three major potential physical threats to our nation; They include at least criminals, terrorists, and those who would disarm our nation. I agree that not all liberals do not like firearms. That is simply not the case in my experience. However, except for the Brady Campaign and a few others, the majority seem to be Democrats with political power. The problem is the White House will soon be occupied with a President who personally does not believe in individual carry permits and licenses. How that translates into Presidential edict and legislation remains to be seen. There is about, however, an almost irrational fear of an armed population. In the shall-issue states, now about 40. violent crimes are down overall. I am NOT advocating everyone carry, but that it remain legal and optional to every law-abiding American. If there were denial of our 2nd amendment guarantee and right, for example, with the tyranny of the government over the governed, then defense of the other two threats could be diminished or impossible. It is the latter problem that our forefathers so wrestled with as they drafted the Constitution. They had a good idea about the nature of man and the potential of tyranny of government over the governed. Smart guys! I sincerely hope Americans are willing to preserve this freedom, that is a natural, individual, pre-existing right, should it (when it becomes) be necessary.

Exclamation Ok I have given this some more thought

Conservative Agendas (as defined by party political stances)
    1. Promotes smaller governement
    2. Promotes personal responsibility
    3. Anti abortion
    4. Pro Gun
    5. Anti Same Sex Marriage
    6. Want less welfare handouts as a means of helping smaller budget and government
    7. More likely to be Pro military

Liberal Agendas (as defined by party political stances)
    1. Promote larger government
    2. Promotes a "I'm a victim of the system mentality"
    3. Pro Abortion
    4. Anti Gun
    5. Pro Same sex Marriage
    6. Promise more welfare handouts at election time
    7. More likely to be Anti military

These are the guidelines that America seems to stick upon during the election process
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    It just seems to not matter what a politicians personal stance is on critical issues when they go ahead and vote along party lines. I'm sure there are some pro-gun liberal politicians, but I doubt many of them will vote against the assault weapon ban or any other anti-gun legislation.

It all comes down to a person's priorities. I believe the 2nd Amendment is the most important one and that you can judge a politicians character on their support or opposition to it. I believe in the values of our Forefathers who created this country. I believe that people who don't embrace the values of our Forefathers should find another place to live.

I am conservative. I'm a Christian. I'm also pro life, pro America and believe in smaller government.

I wouldn't hesitate to vote for a Democrat that shares these views if I believed they had the courage to vote the way they feel.
    I agree. I vote generally for those who I feel holds the closest view as I do on moral values. Their second amendment stand is very importrant but there are other areas that are important. The right to life is one also the pro family issues. I am first and formost a Christian so I vote my beliefs and stand behind those. I do not do that to offend anyone but if it does offend them so be it. I live as the following verse says, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

boyzoi Guest
    It is my experience and opinion, that a liberal is more likely to be a single issue voter.......based on the group the liberal politicians have put them in
    women, the right to abort
    gays, the right to marry
    tree hugger, the right to save a tree at the risk of destroying a farmers ability to farm.
    etc etc other issues take a far back seat when making sure they gain that one thing.
    I beleive that conservatives will try to put into perspective the many issues and take a route that is better for America as a whole. Yes there are fundamental differences in what "is good" for America and there in lies the biggest catch.
    I know libs will say they see their position as the same but historically ( 40-50 years) it is not borne out that way. the last few replies have been right on the money with different emphatic points.
    If one says they are liberal and in favor of 2ndA I have to beleive them, but wonder how they do that. most politicians that are liberal are focused on garnering the entire package ( welfare, bigger government etc) and if one issue they beleive in like the 2ndA is not in line with the rest they will forego that in favor of all the others that will ensure them more power and control ( and voters) which is their main goal. Its easy for them to attack guns because they know there are a lot of people who hate guns.....fact is more people die every year due to the automobile industry but people LOVE their cars. If they were seriously concerned about the dying of Americans they would ban cars......uh huh...
    Its the same thing in reverse for me as a Christian when I hear someone say they too are a Christian, yet support abortion and politicians that support abortion. That just makes my head spin.
    Its not an issue that is going to be solved easily, but one thing is certain; if we do not have our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, we will not have any of the other rights because we will not be able to fight for them if the need arises.
    Last edited by boyzoi; 11-10-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: editing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast