Not all liberals hate guns! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Not all liberals hate guns!

  1. Liberal Vs. Conservative

    I have to insist that the survival of the 2A, we need to bridge the divide between liberal and conservatives. I don't care how you vote on abortion, but I do care on how you vote on gun laws. We need to stop alienating each other over all of the other issues, because that is how we got tricked into drinking the poisoned punch. Voters go to the poll with their single issue (which is not 2A), and the 2A suffers collateral damage.

    I voted for McCain.... but there were many things that made him unpopular to the masses. Regardless of what anyone thinks, the election is over for at least four years. We need to pull our pants up, watch the next two years for our opportunity to hold, or regain, some ground in the House of Representatives (and maybe one or two senate seats).

    No new gun laws! There are plenty that need enforcing. A felon caught red-handed with a gun gets about 1.5 years for 'attempted prohibited possessor.' What part of attempt is found in being caught red-handed. Gang enhancement for firearms related crimes are often dropped, because the judge can't see the connection between the violent act and the furtherance of the gang. Can anyone say 'fear on the street?' A gang that is feared has furthered it's cause. Drugs + guns is always a crime. Too often the latter is dealt away to spare a trial.

    What I am saying is that gun laws are already tough enough. If the prosecutors, judges, and law enforcement officers all do their jobs..... we could put a serious dent in crime.' We should not pass laws that restrict the law abiding citizens from buying, possessing, or carrying firearms.

    Traditionally, the conservatives (Republicans) have fought hard to keep the 2A interpreted as an individual right. They have also passed laws for law abiding citizens to qualify to carry concealed. In some cases, the qualification is similar to what law enforcement officers learn in the firearms portion of the academy. In some cases, it is a rubber stamp from the Sheriff. Either way, the Republicans are the ones who tend to vote as a block to protect the R2KBA.

    However, some Democrats also have a good score-card (A+) with 2A issues. Some Republicans have betrayed us with being absent for votes, or voting against the 2A. Rudy Guliani is a perfect example of an anti-2A republican.

    I suggest everyone consider this at the polls. Only vote for the candidate who you have researched. Don't go for the feel-good-change candidate that everyone else likes. It could be a trick.

    The last guy that posted said he voted for Obama. If Obama doesn't come after your 2A rights, then you won't have trouble finding 'commie bullets' for your gun. Otherwise, I suggest a second gun that shoots a more common caliber of cartridge that is manufactured in the good ol' U.S.A.

    Here endeth my peacemaker vent.....


    ---------------------------------------------------
    Carry 24/7, live to tell the tale

  2.   
  3. #42
    This begs the question of how many Democrats will vote with their constituency instead of Obama if another AWB or some ridiculous tax on ammo gets floated?

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    This begs the question of how many Democrats will vote with their constituency instead of Obama if another AWB or some ridiculous tax on ammo gets floated?
    Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. I don't know what you mean when you say, "vote with their constituency..." Did you mean to say instead, "vote their conscience?" Can you clarify some? I'm not looking to argue, just look for clarification. Thanks.

  5. #44
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. I don't know what you mean when you say, "vote with their constituency..." Did you mean to say instead, "vote their conscience?" Can you clarify some? I'm not looking to argue, just look for clarification. Thanks.
    If the majority of a voting populace says to vote against "X", but the Representative votes FOR "X", he has voted against his constituency rather than WITH them. Here in Florida, we once had a fella that said he didn't care what his constituents wanted, he was voting the way he felt. Since he had been elected by folks that vote party line regardless of a person's record (what we call yella dog democrats), it took several years to get him out of office.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    If the majority of a voting populace says to vote against "X", but the Representative votes FOR "X", he has voted against his constituency rather than WITH them. Here in Florida, we once had a fella that said he didn't care what his constituents wanted, he was voting the way he felt. Since he had been elected by folks that vote party line regardless of a person's record (what we call yella dog democrats), it took several years to get him out of office.
    Ok, so far I understand what you are saying. What I don't understand, however, is what was said earlier, that if Obama ran on the Democratic ticket, and Democrats voted for their constituency, then wouldn't they have voted for Obama? Or, do I have it wrong, I'm confused, and I'm a sorry sad sack? lol

  7. #46
    wolfhunter Guest
    The constituency is the voting population in a representative's district (at any level of government). Regardless of Party affiliation, if a district has a majority view on an issue, their rep should vote THAT view.

    You have said you are a liberal who is pro-2A. If the majority of your county feels enough alike to elect someone as Sheriff, and then that sheriff pulls a stunt like the woman in Orange County, they would be going against the wishes of their constituency.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The constituency is the voting population in a representative's district (at any level of government). Regardless of Party affiliation, if a district has a majority view on an issue, their rep should vote THAT view.

    You have said you are a liberal who is pro-2A. If the majority of your county feels enough alike to elect someone as Sheriff, and then that sheriff pulls a stunt like the woman in Orange County, they would be going against the wishes of their constituency.
    OIC, and OK, now it makes sense. Thanks.

    (I had too much fun, too late, last night, sorry. Time for me to concentrate harder.)

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The constituency is the voting population in a representative's district (at any level of government). Regardless of Party affiliation, if a district has a majority view on an issue, their rep should vote THAT view.

    You have said you are a liberal who is pro-2A. If the majority of your county feels enough alike to elect someone as Sheriff, and then that sheriff pulls a stunt like the woman in Orange County, they would be going against the wishes of their constituency.
    OIC, and OK, now it makes sense. Thanks.

    (I'm too old to have had so much fun, so late last night, sorry. Being a newlywed can be hell. Time for me to concentrate harder.)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast