Non Resident Permit States - how many ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non Resident Permit States - how many ?

NOPE!!!! I am from the Great State of Chicago and have one. They will not issue you a permit if you live in a state that has CCW and you do not possess a valid permit from that state.

I guess it is their way of ensuring residents meet their home state requirments.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Where do you hail from that places you in such dire straits?

Quote Originally Posted by mot mayhem View Post
    Where do you hail from that places you in such dire straits?
    I have an non-res PA CCW permit. Illinois will not trust anyone other than LEOs and elected officials to carry. So my PA is used when I go to states that trusts me.

As soon as the housing market picks up and I can sell my house, I will be moving across the river to MO....
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Rabywk is right again.

Instructions for License to Carry Firearm Application

Completed and Signed Application must be accompanied by the following:

A photo copy of a license to carry a firearm (concealed carry permit) from your home state if that state has a concealed carry law.
    A photo copy of your Driver's License.
    A self addressed stamped envelope.
    $26.00 fee for five year license and out of state processing. (Check/money order made out to Centre County Sheriff.)
    Mail to:

Centre County Sheriff's Office
    213 East High Street
    Bellefonte, PA 16823

Special Note: Missouri is now considered an issuing State, therefore it is mandatory that Missouri residents obtain a license to carry from Missouri and include a photo copy with the application.

License to Carry Firearm Application [PDF]

Application requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing/printing.
    Back to Sheriff's Office Main Page

Notice it says If that state has a concealed carry law.

Under the link I posted click on services. Select sheriff, then forms
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 10-18-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

if that state has a concealed carry law...
    Hmmm... Every State ahs a concealed carry law. New Jersey has one . . . Its ID card is a photo of Governor Corzine laughing hysterically and the words NO!! emblazoned across the face of it.

Some months ago New Jersey was soliciting for a new State slogan. My contributions were:

"New Jersey: Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here!"

...and...

"New Jersey: We Have the Best Government Money Can Buy!"
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

If you are trying to get your NH permit, be ready to wait over 2 months. I sent my application in back in August, and the check cleared shortly thereafter. I called the past two weeks and they have said that they are extremely backed up, and understaffed. Just be ready to wait for a long time...

I'm going to be the first person to actually attempt to answer the question posed at the beginning of the thread. The states that offer permits to nonresidents are: Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, (only for nonresidents who have a place of employment in Indiana; otherwise, Indiana honors permits, both resident and nonresident, from every state and foreign country), Iowa (which is may issue), Maine, Maryland (which is may issue), Massachussetts (may issue), Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey (may issue), New Hampshire, Oregon (which only issues nonresident permits to residents of bordering states, which include Washington, California, and Idaho), Rhode Island (may issue), Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.

When I got my NH non resident permit it only took a week to get it. I guess everyone is getting one now.

SC has a Non Resident permit. You must own land in state and pay property tax on it to be eligible.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I just sent in my Pa. renewal to Centre county. For the price it is a good permit accepted in many states. According to Handgunlaw.us it is good in 25 states.

spc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12