Firearm Purchases Are Stimulating The Economy - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Purchases Are Stimulating The Economy

Wife picked up a Glock 23 Saturday. I was talking to the gunsmith at the shop where we bought it and was discussing sales. He said he sold 72 assault rifles since Wednesday! I mentioned that ought to stimulate the economy, and he said "well, most were bought on credit". So how much it is actually helping the economy remains to be seen, as it seems that a lot of folks who might not have the money are borrowing. I think a lot of folks are making this "credit" decision based on when the new administration takes office. Borrow now and pay later so to speak.

NOW THERE IS A THOUGHT! Buy all the guns and ammo you can stand on the credit card and when Osamma, err Obama, bails out the credit card companies whine at bank you can't afford the intrest and make a new deal to pay $.50 on the dollar. I LIKE IT! great idea.
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

Quote Originally Posted by harvey13118 View Post
    NOW THERE IS A THOUGHT! Buy all the guns and ammo you can stand on the credit card and when Osamma, err Obama, bails out the credit card companies whine at bank you can't afford the intrest and make a new deal to pay $.50 on the dollar. I LIKE IT! great idea.
    LOL..

Everything is flying off the shelves. I bought a S&W M29 .44 magnum and a Bersa Thunder .380 last week.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Wife picked up a Glock 23 Saturday. I was talking to the gunsmith at the shop where we bought it and was discussing sales. He said he sold 72 assault rifles since Wednesday! I mentioned that ought to stimulate the economy, and he said "well, most were bought on credit". So how much it is actually helping the economy remains to be seen, as it seems that a lot of folks who might not have the money are borrowing. I think a lot of folks are making this "credit" decision based on when the new administration takes office. Borrow now and pay later so to speak.
    Maybe it's not that bad. I bought my AR with a credit card. Actually, it was a debit card, but I do not believe my dealer could tell that. Hopefully, others were using debit cards as well.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

wolfhunter Guest
    I went by my favorite gun store today. there were 50-60% empty slots for long guns of all types and 40% empty spots in the pistol displays. The owner was fretting about getting more guns because all his sources are backordered. Just about the only rifles he had left were some Ruger model 1's that were brought in on consignment and some lever action Brownings. Most of the empty pistol spots had compact or sub-compact guns when I was at the store Nov.5th, but they sell as fast as he can get them.

doing my part.. picked up a Marlin XL7.30-06 a week ago.. buying lots of ammo as well. and might get a gun next month too! did it with a debit card too.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 11-18-2008 at 01:59 PM.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I just reserved a S&W M&P15R (AR-15 in 5.45x39mm). Now for the ammo and magazine order.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

DH's employer is in financial trouble we have gotten more salary cuts than we can handle. The time for me to add is gone;( I am not a happy camper, never got my ar.
    Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it Prov 22:16 NKJV

11. I am doing my part too! selling as many AR's we can with the parts that we can get ahold of. Not to worry more parts on the way.
    www.ar15-kits.com
    www.lowerreceivers.com
    Yes we have 80% receivers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast