Firearm Purchases Are Stimulating The Economy - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Firearm Purchases Are Stimulating The Economy

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I know of at least a dozen first time gun buyers here in PRHI (former students). There will be at least a dozen more by next weekend.

gf
    Doesn't PRHI require a permit to purchase firearms that can only be obtained after the permittee has completed safety training? How much time does all that take? Were these buyers doing all this prior to Obama's election or only since it?

PS. As if living in PRHI isn't already bad enough, regardless of who's in the White House, now you'll be living there and having a rabid anti in the White House. That doubly sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Doesn't PRHI require a permit to purchase firearms that can only be obtained after the permittee has completed safety training? How much time does all that take? Were these buyers doing all this prior to Obama's election or only since it?

PS. As if living in PRHI isn't already bad enough, regardless of who's in the White House, now you'll be living there and having a rabid anti in the White House. That doubly sucks.

Each handgun purchase takes 3 trips to the police station. I advise folks who intend to purchase more than one handgun to do so at the same time, so they will be included in the same transaciton. Otherwise the process goes as follows:

Once the purchaser has evidence of handgun training (like the NRA Basic Pistol Course), they may purchase a handgun from a FFL or private party. The seller will give the buyer a receipt and information on the specific firearm (make, model, caliber, barrel length, serial number, etc.) The buyer will then take this information to the designated police station in their county. Upon arrival at the police station, they will fill out a bunch of forms and if it's their first time acquiring a firearm in PRHI, pay a $30.25 fee to cover the FBI background check. They will be advised as to when they can return to pick up their permit to acquire the handgun(s). The minimum wait is 14 days. Depending on the county, they will have up to 5 days to pick up their handgun permit (usually by the 19th day after applying). Once they pick up the permit to acquire, they will return to the FFL or seller to acquire the handgun. Once they have the handgun in hand, they have to return to the police station to register the handgun(s). Registration must be done within 5 days of receipt of the handgun(s).

I've been conducting numerous NRA Basic Pistol classes to accomidate the numerous requests. In some cases, my students request that I accompany them to the various gun shops to find the "best deals". Being that most of the gun shops know who I am, they will either offer a discount or throw in some kind of "extras" for my students. I don't receive any compensation from the students or gun shops other than the satisfaction that they are getting a safe firearm (many are purchased pre-owned) at a fair price.

In most cases, I've been discounting my normal $100 fee for the Basic Pistol Class depending on the financial situation of the students. Many college students get the best deal as I have sevearl private donors who subsidize the cost of the class by donating ammunition and other class supplies. There are 3 businesses that I'm working with that will actually pay a portion of the tuition for their employees who wish to purchase a handgun.

The laws as they are "suck" as you said. I'm sure that they will get a lot worse if the worse case scenario comes true and we get a "anti" in the White House.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234