Firearm Purchases Are Stimulating The Economy
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearm Purchases Are Stimulating The Economy

Thumbs up Firearm Purchases Are Stimulating The Economy

I think her words to be particularly poignant. Right on, Kathy!

"If You Bought a Gun This Week"

by Kathy Jackson

If you bought a gun this week, you're not alone. While exact figures aren't yet available, gun stores across the nation reported record-breaking sales in the days following the national election.

Celebrate the Good. Gun owners this week have done more to spur the national economy than all the planners of stimulus checks ever hoped for. That's good for the economy and good for retailers and good for manufacturers ... and it frightens the anti-firearms brigade. What more could you want out of life? True to form, some crotchety types are already griping about the positive news that a lot of people are buying guns. Get over it, guys. The surge in gun ownership is a good thing. You think the politicians aren't watching the numbers? Those people live and die by the numbers! Welcome the new gun owners. They may well be our salvation.

lol. Help the economy, "Do the right thing, buy a gun!" I did my part and still doing it! Going gun shopping this weekend

The good thing if there is one about the Obama win is it has perhaps woke up some to the dangers that he presents to our country and our freedoms. It is also as said temporarily helping those in the gun industry because all of the present buying. The long run of course is most likely it will hurt the industry because of the draconian laws that will be passed while he is in office.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Exclamation Lots of first time gun owners!

I am seeing lots of first time gun owners at my favorite shops. Yhis has gotta be good for the local economy as well. Crime will start going down when the BG's figure out that there likelyhood of getting greased in a home invasion just doubled.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I've been doing my part and still looking for more!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

gpbarth Guest
    Article today in the Orlando Sentinel says as much - record gun sales (and carry permit applications) just prior to and immediately after the election. Reasons include possible new higher taxes on gun and ammo purchases and more restrictive ownership laws. I think this is sending a very ominous message to our new CIC. If there is any insurrection, it will be by a very well-armed populace. And we won't be carrying Saturday night specials and zip guns, either.

I did my part! I picked up a new Mossberg 500 persuader last weekend and just sent in an order for enough components to load up ~1700 rounds of ammo.

I was talking to one of the girls at the local shop I visit and she said they sold in 4 days what they normally sale in a month.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gpbarth View Post
    Article today in the Orlando Sentinel says as much - record gun sales (and carry permit applications) just prior to and immediately after the election. Reasons include possible new higher taxes on gun and ammo purchases and more restrictive ownership laws. I think this is sending a very ominous message to our new CIC. If there is any insurrection, it will be by a very well-armed populace. And we won't be carrying Saturday night specials and zip guns, either.
    Was it this article?
    Gun sales up after Obama openly supports banning assault weapons

gpbarth Guest
    Yep! That's the article. The title in my paper was "To gun shops, Obama is a shot in the arm." Don't believe for one second that the president-elect and his staff has not noticed this. The Secret Service is about to get really busy...I hope they have taken their vitamins.

I am glad people have had the foresight to plan ahead. I do not want to see any sort of gun ban, but I would truly hate to see people that want to protect themselves not be able to buy the tools necessary to accomplish this. At least we all already have those tools. Now many others do as well.

I stimulated the economy by buying a DPMS AR the week prior to the election, 200 rounds of 5.56 ammo the day of the election, and 2 extra 30 round magazines the week after the election.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast