How much extra ammo do you carry? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much extra ammo do you carry?

Jc40

I don`t usually carry a spare mag,but have been considering buying a mag holder so i can.I just figured that if i needed more than was all ready in the mag in the gun,i was in the wrong place at the wrong time.I guess there are other considerations for carrying a spare mag though.

Quote Originally Posted by JC40 View Post
    I don`t usually carry a spare mag,but have been considering buying a mag holder so i can.I just figured that if i needed more than was all ready in the mag in the gun,i was in the wrong place at the wrong time.I guess there are other considerations for carrying a spare mag though.

Yes, there are. I carry for the uh-oh's. I hope all I need is one, but there are variables from mechanical, to human. But if I need more than what I have, or near to it, then I hope there is help on the way.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

Jc40

Yes,you are right.I guess that`s why i am considering buying an extra mag holder and just carrying it anyways.I guess it`s kind of like the old saying"better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

Just the 6 in the mag and one in the pipe. I guess I look at it that I've yet to need one in 53 years and the extra weight of carrying a spare mag for all those years saves some wear and tear on the body. I sure don't fault anyone for carrying more, but it doesn't fit my life style.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234