How much extra ammo do you carry?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much extra ammo do you carry?

How much extra ammo do you carry?

This thread is pretty straightforward. Just wondering, just as the title says, how many extra magazines (or speedloaders for those of you who carry revolvers) you carry with you? When I'm using my smartcarry I carry one spare 8-round magazine in the magazine pocket, but when I'm carrying OWB, I don't carry anything extra. However, I do security for a living, and when I'm at work, in addition to the 8 rounds I carry in my duty weapon (7 in the mag plus 1 in the chamber), I carry an 8-rounder in the magazine pouch on my holster, and two more 8-rounders in a double mag pouch for a total of 32 rounds.

For me, it depends on what time of year and where I'm going. From May through October I carry a 5 shot .41 Magnum revolver. I live and work in the woods and this carry gun is more for paws and claws than SD against 2 legged predators. I don't carry any spare ammo. ( 250gr. solid cores are heavy)

November through April and any time I head to town I carry a 24/7 .40 with a spare mag. This give me 31 rounds. It's not that I'm worried about getting into a running gun battle but in case of some sort of failure.

One extra mag

Good place as any to jump in for a first post...

I carry one extra mag of 7 rds, on my left side in a 'homemade' case. I use a nylon sheath that was originally used for a large folding knife. Strengthened it by sewing the belt loop with 8lb monofiliment fishing line. It keeps the loaded mag safe n' sound.

My compact da/sa .45 is carried at 3 o'clock, in a BladeTech IWB kydex holster. With 'only' 8 rds in the pistol, I just feel a little better protected in having the extra mag if ever needed.

flc

With my PT-111 I carry an extra mag that has 10 rounds and with the 1911 I carry an extra mag with 8.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

6. I have a 5-shot .38 special. I only carry what is in it.

When I carry the XD-357, I usually carry an extra 12rd mag... but not always. When I carried my P239, I always carried at least one extra 7rd mag, sometimes two.

I carry one extra magazine for whatever I am carrying. That is eight rounds for my Ruger p345 or 10 rounds for my pt140pro.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

One extra magazine for my main gun. Most of the time I also have a bug.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. spares

One extra magazine...unless we're doing some serious hiking, then it's one extra box 'o ammo.

11. One mag and light in belt holder and new york reload in pocket. You are not the only FL cracker here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast