I have my CCW, yet, I bought another pistol... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have my CCW, yet, I bought another pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Great info, great web site reference, thanks. I hope it works the same in Nye county as it does in Washoe county. $15 is certainly affordable for a change on the cc card, especially if more than one firearm is added at the same time. Now I just have to find a different, local instructor.
    Glad it helped. I will post after Friday and let you know how it goes.

I'm in Nye County and that's how it worked for me.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Just wanted to post an update, I added all 4 new firearms to my permit without a problem. Went to the Washoe County Sheriff, filled out a little addition form, paid my $15.00, got my updated card in about 15 minutes. There were not hassles or problems.

Thanks for the update. Much obliged.

It really sucks that,every state has differant rules.

In Washington state,you don't have to take any classes at all,or list,or qualify with any certain calibers.

So, I would guess,that there are many people in Washington who can't shoot,but have a concealed
    weapons permit.

But It's cool for me,being that I have spent lots of money going to shooting schools,and plus
    being a veteran of the U.S. Army, it saved me more time and money,not having to prove
    my skill level and competence with firearms. And I could buy any gun I want ,and carry it right away,
    because guns and caliber are not listed on Washington state concealed weapons permits.

I know in parts of California,they list the guns serial number,on the CCW.That would suck,when buying a new gun.

But the future will tell what happens next,with all the gun laws.

Steve...

7. I have my CCW

gdcleanfun, congrats on getting your license. I am in Washington now, and have my CPL, and was very shocked to obtain it with nothing more than $55.25 and a set of fingerprints. In Arizona, to obtain a CCP, you must take a course which includes a written test you must score 100% on and a trip to the range, where you must qualify with at least a 70% score. I am not worried about my own shooting skills and knowledge, as I qualified in the police academy, in a security guard academy in California, with both a .45 auto and a .38 pistol. I also qualified every six months while I was with the sheriff's dept, and at the Arizona State Prison academy, and twice through the CCP class (one ofr renewal. In addition, I am an amateur gunsmith, a reloader, and I was on my department's pistol team. I think I don't need any additional training, but I would love to be able to afford Front Sight. It sounds as if you can have a pistol added to your permit with a qualification with it and a $15 fee. That seems very reasonable, and I wish you all the luck.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12