How to get rid of Ammo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of Ammo

How to get rid of Ammo

Hey Guys,

How do I properly get rid of old and unwanted ammo? I have ammo for firearms I don't even have. Reason is, my grandfather gave me his ammo chest with a TON of stuff in it. I have boxes of ammo for firearms he used to own and such. I don't want to throw them away (dangerous), I also don't want to give them to the police because here in PRMA they will ask a TON of questions which I don't want to go through. I thought of buying a bullet puller and going through each round, which would take me a ton of time and wouldn't work for the shotgun rounds. Any suggestions? Please let me know!

Thanks guy!

-CAPO-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Couldn't quite tell you what to do with the shotgun rounds, but for everything else, get the puller.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Couldn't quite tell you what to do with the shotgun rounds, but for everything else, get the puller.
    I was afraid that would be someone's answer. Can a firearms store take them?
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I was afraid that would be someone's answer. Can a firearms store take them?
    My guess would probably be no, since they have no way of knowing where the ammo has been or how it's been stored, or if it's handloaded (that is if they don't take the time to inspect the primers).
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 11-25-2008 at 12:28 AM.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

If you want to ship, PM me and I will give you my address. I'll cover the costs. Seriously.

-Matt

Talking send it to me!

Hey Guys,

How do I properly get rid of old and unwanted ammo? I have ammo for firearms I don't even have. Reason is, my grandfather gave me his ammo chest with a TON of stuff in it. I have boxes of ammo for firearms he used to own and such. I don't want to throw them away (dangerous), I also don't want to give them to the police because here in PRMA they will ask a TON of questions which I don't want to go through. I thought of buying a bullet puller and going through each round, which would take me a ton of time and wouldn't work for the shotgun rounds. Any suggestions? Please let me know!

Thanks guy!

-CAPO-
    Send it via carrier to me I'll shoot it all up. I won't even charge you disposal fees.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Hey Guys,

Thanks guy!

-CAPO-
    What calibers do you have available?

Don't know about everwhere else but here In Fort Worth we can take it to the fire dept. There is one specific location to take it. You might give them a call in your area.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Ckeck your local ranges or gun dealers. Post on BB what you have. Several have asked already so I won't. I have several calibers. Ship to Willy or others.
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

Exclamation How old???

Some older boxed ammo has collector value to it... whcih you can sell at a local gun show and use to buy more guns..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast