Finally!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!!!

1. Finally!!!!

I got my permit today and officially became a member of the club! I put my P99 on and went out shopping for the day. It felt strange at first, but then settled in. The holster felt great from the start, but having a gun on my side was different at first. I got used to it after a bit though.
    And good thing I got my permit today. I went to the gun store to pick up my Mossberg 500. Turns out, if it's got a pistol grip it's considered a pistol. No three day wait for me!

Congratulations! What kind of holster did you use?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

congrats and welcome to the club.
    be safe.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Congrats on being able to protect yourself.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Congrats to ya!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Congratulations. Now keep safe!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Congratulations!! Carry everywhere you legally can. Never forget about safety. One day before long, you will feel very strange if that pistol is not strapped to your side.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

congratulations! you'll get used to it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    congratulations! you'll get used to it.
    Yup, we all get used to it, just like we get used to the other things that are attached to us like our cell phones, keys, or wallets/purses. It's very noticeable when something is not there after getting used to it.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman007 View Post
    I got my permit today and officially became a member of the club! I put my P99 on and went out shopping for the day. It felt strange at first, but then settled in. The holster felt great from the start, but having a gun on my side was different at first. I got used to it after a bit though.
    And good thing I got my permit today. I went to the gun store to pick up my Mossberg 500. Turns out, if it's got a pistol grip it's considered a pistol. No three day wait for me!
    Congratulations on getting your permit.
    Where do you live, that an 18.5+" barreled shotgun is considered a pistol? Just because the stock has been removed and replaced with a pistol grip, the shotgun barrel length requirement is still in effect, therefore the 500 is still a long gun and the 3 day wait for pistols won't apply. If the state truly want to call it a pistol, you can shorten the barrel to 6" if you wanted (They won't let you, so it MUST be a long gun)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast