Gun Safe - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Safe

I might get a safe from a big box store if I planned on putting some regular type guns in it and maybe small quantities of silver bullion and miscellaneous other valuables. It's as much for fire protection as for anything else.

Bolted to the floor and rigged with an alarm, it would do an excellent job of protecting valuables in most cases. Hiding the safe is also a good idea. Out of sight is out of mind, and if they can't find it in the first place, then they can't crack it open.

If you're really accumulating lots of things that need serious protection, then by all means, invest as needed. Build an addition onto your house for a used bank vault, then rent out the space for safe deposit.

Here's a big Mosler vault from the 1940s for $15k. It might be old, but it's still strong.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    S&WM, You been hiding somewhere lately?
    I understand that this is a good invesment (Maybe not to some), and I'm sure a BG OR anyone else for the matter can actually open any type safe. As I said, for me this is much more safer than my existing cabinet. I'm not worried about the Key Pad being smashed off or whatever because I still have My Other firearms close by. Or for the matter, I'll be near the Safe before anyone has a chance to break it anyway. Hey, come on now.....it's better than not having anything.
    LOL, yeah i have been around. Nothing really good to talk about on the forums the past few days. So i get on and scan topics and get off lol.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

About 2 weeks ago, I bought a Cannon safe from Costco. Did a bit of research and I couldn't beat the features for the price (under $900.00 out the door). It is a key pad with no key backup (one that let me set my own 6 digit entry code). They also seem to have a pretty comprehensive warranty. If anything goes wrong with it, someone tries to crack it, gets caught in a fire or flood, they will repair or replace it free of charge. They even pay for a locksmith if the locking mechanism malfunctions and shipping, if that is required. Hope I don't have to use any of that. Also has very configurable shelving and L.E.D interior illumination.

I need to get my safe bolted to the floor. My safe was a cheap ****'s special a while back. It was just to house my firearms. I need something more secure though.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Yeah, I got a Cheap double hand gun safe from GALLS.Com and man no padding at all. I got another cheaper one from Dirt and this thing was way better then the Galls one by a long shot. 1'' foam all the way around top/bottom/sides/even on the door it's self. I took all the foam out of it and put it in the other safe as it's bigger and has a pull out shelf for gear. I drilled holes in it and bolted the other one on the top of it took the left over foam and put it in the Dirt safe. The bigger bottom one if for my gun and gear and the top one with some foam is for my ammo. It works for now seeing as how i do not have the money to drop on a 500 or up safe.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I need to get my safe bolted to the floor. My safe was a cheap ****'s special a while back. It was just to house my firearms. I need something more secure though.
    ....and That's what I did. Bought something that was more secure. It wasn't $900. but it was more than $500. anyway. For what it is worth it'll do the job I want it too.
    I still have my STACK-** Cabinet that I May house ammo in but not sure just yet.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12